cant uninstall or reinstall the launcher/gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant uninstall or reinstall the launcher/gamer

so a week or so ago i had an issue with a game that was dumb and the only fix was to change the drive letter of the hard drive i had the game on and i cant uninstall the epic games launcher nor can i find it as well as i cannot reinstall it just says install path has a valid character and i cant change the install path

still waiting for a way to fix this lol

Comment

ok so i tried deleting it from my registry and its still not working do i seriously have to reinstall my OS or you guys just going to ignore me?

Comment

tacobandit,
        Did you attempt to remove the Epic Games Launcher using the control panel? I would check your documents folder as well as the original install directory to see if you still have some files from the launcher on your machine. It might be seeing pre existing files when attempting to install. Let me know if you find anything or need help finding the install directory.
        Thanks,
        WhiteGumby

Comment

so i have a SSD and 2 other harddrives the only things that go on my SSD is my OS i even tried wiping out my other 2 hard drives which had the files this is still not working ive also tried to use safemode to uninstall the launcher and its still not working i cant even seem to get rid of it out of my registry

Comment

i also looked for the launcher in the documents like you said and theres nothing there and the orginal install directory shouldnt exist anymore i wiped out that hard drive that it was on

Comment

It's not in the Documents but in AppData\Local. Full path to the launcher config/cache folder is C:\Users\[profile]\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher
              "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
              - RenegadeRetard

Comment

this did not fix it but i did find files there and deleted them

Comment

I am also having a problem. i have no folders on my computer besides the installer i downloaded recently to reinstall the launcher, and i have this "ghost" application of epic games launcher i cant uninstall

Comment

Same thing here.

Comment

You need to make something take the place of the drive so that it recognizes that the launcher no longer exists on that drive. You can do this by assigning the letter of the old, broken drive to a thumb drive, or by mapping a "network drive" to some location on your computer and assigning it the same letter. The network drive workaround may be easier.

If you are on Windows 10, go to the bar on the left side of Windows explorer and right-click any item. Select "Map Network Drive..." Map a drive with some location, giving it the same letter as your old drive had. Now try running the uninstaller.
                      If you have earlier than Windows 10, you should be able to go into "tools" in windows explorer and select "Map Network Drive" the same way.

Hope this helps...

Comment

when i try to install the laucher it says its already running and wont work please help.

Comment

Hi epic games i wondering if you could get me fortnite Mobil fortnite is my new favrite game and its crazy its comming to phone so can you send me an invite early. Thank for understand truly a fortnite i have a iphone 6s

Comment

Well i had same problem as my hdisk had failure and I had to remove it. But then I was missing my D:\ drive and had to put USB memory stick as drive d:\ then uninstalling was possible and i could install new to E:\.

Comment

For anyone still having the same problem, try repairing the drive that the folder is in, I tried everything, and then i found that answer, and immediately it was able to be deleted. I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X