No Hud in Offline Halloween Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] No Hud in Offline Halloween Challenges

Summary: I have no HUD when playing offline Halloween challenges. EDIT: Turns out it's not the halloween challenges, but ANY CTF map both offline or online.

Version: I have no idea how to find this. Whatever version the Halloween update is.

Description: When I start a CTF map no scoreboard will come up and the game will start. I will have no hud, crosshair, or anything. Hitting tab does not bring up the scoreboard. Verifying and reinstalling did not solve the issue.

Steps to Repro: Start any CTF map.

Attachments:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 12-09-2015, 06:29 PM.

Is this problem still occurring in the 11/19/2015 build? If so, you might try the possible solution quoted below. If that doesn't work, you might try reaching out to the developers in the official IRC channel. This problem was reported as far back as March 2015 and it hasn't been squashed yet, which I find odd. It also doesn't seem to be a common issue. Has anybody else experienced or known anybody who reported having this issue?

Possible Fix
    Originally posted by bass3 View Post
    Reset your settings by clicking "clear settings", turn off game. Go to documents and delete unreal tournament folder. Open unreal tournament, you will have to adjust settings again, but it will fix alot problems! Game gets updated alot, but your settings are being pulled from cloud and it probably got bugged there.
    Last edited by Mulsiphix; 12-09-2015, 08:06 PM. Reason: forgot to add possible fix
    Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
    What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Clearing settings will also clear challenges stars
      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Bump, as it happens to me on other challenges(except the CTF ones) since the beginning of the pre-alpha. just really frustrating trying to get the last 4 stars without a crosshair or being completly clueless about how much hp do you have
        Last edited by eXezon; 01-02-2016, 11:37 PM.
        UT2004 alias: Tunga / [TT]{»KIWI«}

Comment

Originally posted by eXezon View Post
          Bump, as it happens to me on other challenges(except the CTF ones) since the beginning of the pre-alpha. just really frustrating trying to get the last 4 stars without a crosshair or being completly clueless about how much hp do you have
          I know this is probably a silly suggestion, but have you tried opening the console and typing showhud? That is what I use to make it disappear. Makes sense it might bring it back. Maybe only for that match, but it would be a start.
          What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulsiphix View Post
            I know this is probably a silly suggestion, but have you tried opening the console and typing showhud? That is what I use to make it disappear. Makes sense it might bring it back. Maybe only for that match, but it would be a start.
            Well, as silly as it sounds, it worked, thanks a lot finally managed to finish the 2v2 on lea on hard. Still... this is bugged why on some challenges is the "showhud" command set to false?
            UT2004 alias: Tunga / [TT]{»KIWI«}

Comment

Originally posted by eXezon View Post
              Well, as silly as it sounds, it worked, thanks a lot finally managed to finish the 2v2 on lea on hard. Still... this is bugged why on some challenges is the "showhud" command set to false?
              I don't know and I know it isn't that way for everyone. Still, I'm glad to know there is a workaround until they get this fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X