• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] HUD settings always lost after "Quit Game"

Summary:
    All "HUD settings" are being lost

Version:
    November 19th 2015 pre-alpha, on x64 (and all previous builds)

Description:
    All the settings from the "HUD settings" menu are lost, after the game is quit, but only if ESC key is pressed to close the dialog

Steps to Repro:
    1. Run client
    2. View "HUD settings" menu options (assuming has already been customized)
    3. Press ESC key (do not click on OK or Cancel buttons)
    4. Select "Quit Game" menu item
    5. Run client
    6. View "HUD settings" menu options & they are back to the defaults

RESULT:
    All "HUD settings" are being wiped on quit, if the user presses the ESC key to close the dialog instead of pressing the Cancel button. View the "Game.ini" file to confirm that the "[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTHUD]" section has been cleared (apart from the "KillMsgStyle=" value). I have not tested whether this applies to the other settings dialogs.
    Last edited by Skaldy; 11-22-2015, 03:31 PM. Reason: Reproducible found

Edited, due to possible narrowing of reproducibility
    Last edited by Skaldy; 11-22-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Pressing escape is the same as canceling your changes. You shouldn't even need to restart the client. Just reopen the HUD settings and you will see that the changes were never saved.

Comment

I think what he means, is that if you had any changes made and properly saved using "OK" button before, just opening the menu again and closing it with Esc will reset these to default values.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
          I think what he means, is that if you had any changes made and properly saved using "OK" button before, just opening the menu again and closing it with Esc will reset these to default values.
          Thanks for the clarification, but I still cannot reproduce the bug. Is anyone else having this issue? I'll keep looking into it, but at least it is fairly easy to avoid for now.

Comment

I also have this problem. If I make any changes to the HUD (size or show weapon colours) they stay until I'm done playing and exit the game. When I re-launch the game, all my changes have reset.

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
              just opening the menu again and closing it with Esc will reset these to default values.
              Yup, that's what I mean. The OK and Cancel buttons work fine, but pressing ESC will result in the .ini file section being cleared if the game is stopped/started again. Going straight back into the menu without stop/start correctly shows no changes made.

It has done this three times while trying to reproduce, but I suppose it could still be some other root cause. If the settings are mirrored on an Epic server, perhaps there is a slow network or timeout failure during start/stop of the game. I can't see anything unusual in the log file. Also note that I am repopulating that .ini section manually from a backup before running the scenario again.

I have heard a clan member having this problem too, but haven't confirmed that he's pressing ESC as the cause.
              Last edited by Skaldy; 11-24-2015, 10:47 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

As HUD as bad as it as, one thing I noticed that makes it even worse is colorized icons goes uncheck from time to time. If I play without colorized icons then I really don't know what weapons I have, with color on I can magine somehow.

Comment

I looked at this again today and reproduced it on the first try. I'm not sure why I had trouble with it last time.

Here is the ticket: https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-2301

Thanks
                  Frost

Comment

Working...
                  X