Having to hit a key multiple times to switch weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    adding my support to richardboeglis assertion that rl won't fire sometimes in a firefight. it's as if the server randomly chooses whose shot to ignore. after maybe 3-4 clicks it finally fires one shot by which time I'm basically dead.
    This is my typical use case.

I was so frustrated about this last night, that I just ran around with Impact hammer and practised dodge movement instead.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Played Showdown on UT twitch with Zaccubus and with a ping of 360ms it happened A LOT. Had to resort to using Impact Hammer to be able to play.

I realise that 360ms is high, but it doesn't matter what ping I have it still happens.

Comment

I've noticed that this still happens on new build -2016-02-01

One thing of note, is that after picking up a weapon, I wait till the end of the sound file being played and I have a much higher chance of actually having the weapon switch correctly.

Not sure if this is just coincidence or not.

Only happens in online play, offline works fine.

Comment

I'm going to try this later, but I would suggest some other people try it out too to see if the errors still occur for them.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/fi...based-exploits

Here are the settings that we have available in the engine:
          PktLag Delays the sending of a packet by the amount of time specified in milliseconds
          PktLagVariance Provides some randomness to the amount of time a packet is delayed, +/- the amount specified in milliseconds
          PktLoss Specifies a percentage chance of an outbound packet being discarded to simulate packet loss
          PktDup Specifies a percentage chance to send a duplicate packet
          PktOrder Sends packets out of order when enabled (1 = enabled, 0 = disabled)
          There are three ways to configure these settings: commandline arguments, in game exec in the console, and via the engine INI file. From the commandline, specify the setting using:
          <SettingName>=<Value>

From the console, use:
          Net <SettingName>=<Value>

To set these via your DefaultEngine.ini file, add the following section to your INI and change the values to the ones you want tested:
          [PacketSimulationSettings]
          PktLag=0
          PktLagVariance=0
          PktLoss=0
          PktOrder=0
          PktDup=0

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
            I'm going to try this later, but I would suggest some other people try it out too to see if the errors still occur for them.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/fi...based-exploits

Here are the settings that we have available in the engine:
            PktLag Delays the sending of a packet by the amount of time specified in milliseconds
            PktLagVariance Provides some randomness to the amount of time a packet is delayed, +/- the amount specified in milliseconds
            PktLoss Specifies a percentage chance of an outbound packet being discarded to simulate packet loss
            PktDup Specifies a percentage chance to send a duplicate packet
            PktOrder Sends packets out of order when enabled (1 = enabled, 0 = disabled)
            There are three ways to configure these settings: commandline arguments, in game exec in the console, and via the engine INI file. From the commandline, specify the setting using:
            <SettingName>=<Value>

From the console, use:
            Net <SettingName>=<Value>

To set these via your DefaultEngine.ini file, add the following section to your INI and change the values to the ones you want tested:
            [PacketSimulationSettings]
            PktLag=0
            PktLagVariance=0
            PktLoss=0
            PktOrder=0
            PktDup=0

This doesn't work??
            Last edited by richardboegli; 02-19-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
              I play offline quite a lot and have observed the same problem, I assumed it was just that the game doesn't establish you have the weapon until the "pickup" is complete
              MarkTheF4rth, what I have noticed recently is that if I wait for the sound of the weapon pickup to finish playing, my gun is then available to use. Not sure why, but this is what I have noticed.

Comment

Just to add a bit of humour to this as it gets very frustrating with weapon switch failing sometimes and flak being slower in 2016-02-29 build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brQi_T5RTAk&t=4m15s

Person on camera
                Failure to Feed
                Failure to Feed
                Failure to extract

Person off camera
                But, but did you like it?

Person on camera
                Oh yeah, if I was, if I was going into battle, this is probably like, right up there with a pellet gun or maybe a shoe.
                Pretty AWESOME.
                Last edited by richardboegli; 03-04-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X