Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Installation -> You do not have permission to install to: ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jams515 View Post
    so i had this problem for a good long while and i finally noticed it wanted to download to program files, when the files were in program files (x86) so i threw that into the download location and it just started up no problem, hope this helps cause it sure frustrated me
    Jams515 is right

Comment

Originally posted by ShazamTwix View Post

Hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit Windows - Epic Games assumes it is installed in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of Windows OS. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games" and select that location. should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
      This worked for me thank you!

Comment

Check disk space too...

Comment

to fix it all you need to do is to change the destination folder to program folder x86 it works

Comment

Originally posted by shazamtwix View Post

hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit windows - epic games assumes it is installed in "c:\program files\epic games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of windows os. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "c:\program files (x86)\epic games" and select that location. Should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
            bump this up, this solved the issue!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amadlover View Post
              Had to Start the Launcher as Admin and then it installed 4.21. So I am guessing every update would require running the launcher as Admin.
              how do you launch as admin

Comment

Hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit Windows - Epic Games assumes it is installed in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of Windows OS. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games" and select that location. should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
                yay thanks it worked

Comment

I know a way to fix this. Go into Folder, Go into this PC, Go into documents, make a folder named 'Epic Games', Go back into epic games launcher, Click Browse, Click Documents, Click on 'Epic Games' and yso iour done. This worked for me so I hope this works for anyone else

Comment

Good luck
                    You bet it helped and has helped a number of people too including myself!!!

Thanks

Comment

I just put it into a different folder and it fixed, they should really fix this as they are now pushing for a marketplace like steam and it is very stupid how they can't get the file right.

Comment

Okay so I had the same problem and i solved it by myself
                        1 Open This Computer/My Computer
                        2 Go to properties of disc you want to install the game
                        3 Go to seciurity tab
                        4 Click edit
                        5 Grant every single group there all the permissions
                        6 enjoy installing games there

Comment

Working...
                        X