Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Installation -> You do not have permission to install to: ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jams515 for President 2024 no term limits

Comment

Originally posted by ShazamTwix View Post

Hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit Windows - Epic Games assumes it is installed in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of Windows OS. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games" and select that location. should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
      God that is so bizzare. Never used the Epic Games engine. I just wanted to play HiTMAN. Coulda sworn i tried that, thanks!

Comment

Hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit Windows - Epic Games assumes it is installed in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of Windows OS. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games" and select that location. should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck

omg thankyou so much Shazamtwix i just bought snowrunner and was haven this problem i changed it to the 86 and it worked you're the goat.

Comment

x86 worked for me

Comment

Good luck
            This worked for me. I run Windows 64 bit on my PC and had no issues using the file destination "C:\Program Files\ Epic Games".

Comment

Pro tip: Run as administrator and ipconfig /flushdns

Comment

Good luck
                This works! If you're using 64 bit. I dunno why it won't let you select any other location and give the code dp-06. ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by shazamtwix View Post

hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit windows - epic games assumes it is installed in "c:\program files\epic games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of windows os. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "c:\program files (x86)\epic games" and select that location. Should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
                  thank you sooo much it worked

Comment

Working...
                  X