Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Installation -> You do not have permission to install to: ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jams515 for President 2024 no term limits

Comment

Originally posted by ShazamTwix View Post

Hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit Windows - Epic Games assumes it is installed in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of Windows OS. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games" and select that location. should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
      God that is so bizzare. Never used the Epic Games engine. I just wanted to play HiTMAN. Coulda sworn i tried that, thanks!

Comment

Hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit Windows - Epic Games assumes it is installed in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of Windows OS. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games" and select that location. should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck

omg thankyou so much Shazamtwix i just bought snowrunner and was haven this problem i changed it to the 86 and it worked you're the goat.

Comment

x86 worked for me

Comment

Good luck
            This worked for me. I run Windows 64 bit on my PC and had no issues using the file destination "C:\Program Files\ Epic Games".

Comment

Pro tip: Run as administrator and ipconfig /flushdns

Comment

Good luck
                This works! If you're using 64 bit. I dunno why it won't let you select any other location and give the code dp-06. ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by shazamtwix View Post

hai! Not sure if this will help but for those running 64bit windows - epic games assumes it is installed in "c:\program files\epic games" which would be correct if you are running a 32bit version of windows os. If you are running a 64bit version you need to browse to "c:\program files (x86)\epic games" and select that location. Should install fine from there (worked for me).

Good luck
                  thank you sooo much it worked

Comment

Hey guys, i had this problem but fixed it now. I had to restart my computer after installing Epic Games Launcher, then all paths and permissions worked as expected.

Comment

I had the same problem. So, I created a new folder in my external hard drive, named it Fortnite and sent the download there, and it's downloading just fine. I guess an external drive doesn't need permissions. Also, I think it could've possibly been that my PC didn't have enough space on the hard drive, as it is a huge file (36gb or so). Good luck.

Comment

Install on desktop!!!

Comment

x86 folder didn't work for me. Had to create the game folder before trying to install, then had no issues. I forget who posted that, but thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X