ut4 on mac keeps closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] ut4 on mac keeps closing

i just downloaded ut4 through the epic games launcher, installed. now when i try to play it is slow and glitchy i tried turning off any fancy graphics, and after a varying amount of time it will just close/crash. anyone else had this problem? im running mac osx 10.9.4 on a 2014 macbook pro with a 2.6 ghz i7.

There could be several reasons for that.

First is that the current build uses an old engine version from last summer, which is missing a lot of optimizations. A new build that's should be released in the next couple of days should have an improved performance on Mac.

Second is that your MacBook Pro very likely has a weak GPU. I'm not sure which one of the two 2014 versions you have, since according to wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro) it's i5 version that has 2.6 GHz CPU, while i7 is 2.2GHz. If what you have is an i5, your Mac has only built-in Intel Iris 5200 card, which is just not powerful enough. i7 version has a dedicated nVidia GT750M, which, while several time more powerful than Intel card, is still rather weak for new UT, especially when it comes to meshed maps like Outpost or TitanPass. Here's a comparison of Intel 5200 and GT750: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2492&cmp[]=2498
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

i ordered a custom build, and it has the i7 and the nvidia geforce gt 750m. once the new build comes out any thoughts for making it playable?
      Attached Files

Comment

Can't say really — I don't know how much the performance was improved in the latest version of the engine. The only way to be sure is download the update when it's out and try it out.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Try updating your video card drivers.

There was mention of an issue with Mac in last weeks Twitch.
          Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

zatcat,
            Let me know if you are experiencing this issue after the latest UT update as well at the updated video drivers. I am running the same GPU on my mac notebook at work with no issues. I can look into this issue if it is still occurring.

Thanks,
            WhiteGumby

Comment

Working...
            X