Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Cannot use UE4 lag simulation

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    I'm going to try this later, but I would suggest some other people try it out too to see if the errors still occur for them.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/fi...based-exploits

Here are the settings that we have available in the engine:
    Setting Description
    PktLag Delays the sending of a packet by the amount of time specified in milliseconds
    PktLagVariance Provides some randomness to the amount of time a packet is delayed, +/- the amount specified in milliseconds
    PktLoss Specifies a percentage chance of an outbound packet being discarded to simulate packet loss
    PktDup Specifies a percentage chance to send a duplicate packet
    PktOrder Sends packets out of order when enabled (1 = enabled, 0 = disabled)

There are three ways to configure these settings: commandline arguments, in game exec in the console, and via the engine INI file. From the commandline, specify the setting using:
    <SettingName>=<Value>

From the console, use:
    Net <SettingName>=<Value>

To set these via your DefaultEngine.ini file, add the following section to your INI and change the values to the ones you want tested:
    [PacketSimulationSettings]
    PktLag=0
    PktLagVariance=0
    PktLoss=0
    PktOrder=0
    PktDup=0
    Tried to use lag simulation tools within UE4 engine, but they are not working...?

I've tried in console and in the Engine.ini file in:
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\Windows

I am trying to simulate the lag to see if I can figure out why I am Having to hit a key multiple times to switch weapons

Thanks,
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

A lot of engine-related console commands are disabled in shipping builds
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
      A lot of engine-related console commands are disabled in shipping builds
      No worries. Thanks _Lynx.
      Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Hey richardboegli, I would recommend using Clumsy. It's a great free program that you can use to simulate lag, packet loss, and lots of other things.

Comment

Originally posted by linoleumbnprt View Post
          Hey richardboegli, I would recommend using Clumsy. It's a great free program that you can use to simulate lag, packet loss, and lots of other things.
          What is it? How does it work? Is there any risk of crapware silently installed?

Comment

There are no issues with it. I use it here in the office, it's a very straight-forward program. Check the boxes of the things you want to simulate, set values (ping ms, pl %, etc), and then hit the button. Feel free to message me on IRC or shoot me a PM here if you have any questions on how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by linoleumbnprt View Post
              There are no issues with it. I use it here in the office, it's a very straight-forward program. Check the boxes of the things you want to simulate, set values (ping ms, pl %, etc), and then hit the button. Feel free to message me on IRC or shoot me a PM here if you have any questions on how to use it.

Great! Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X