X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Games Launcher won't open.

Hi
    New build and im here back again.
    So this time i can't open the epic games launcher so i could download the new UT4 build, there are no errors showing up when i try to start the launcher just nothing happens. I tried open it as a admin, updated my Graphics card drivers, tried some other stuff nothing works also tried to install a new launcher but i get a error 'Install failed- The necessary prerequisites have failed to instal.Error code r-1603' then i recoverd the old launcher.

Now im asking for help again because i have no clue what to do. The game works fine but no one is playing obviously on the older UT4 build. :/

Hello LeXaoC,

I will be Private messaging you for more information.

Thanks,
    Wombo

Comment

Wombo is sadly not responding.
      If some one has an idea how to fix this, that would be great

Comment

Hello everyone ! I've got the same issue, launcher doesn't open at all, when I double click it for the first time time nothing happens, and when I double click it for the second time it shows me an error window which says multiple crashes detected ! What should I do? Is there any possible fix? I have tried everything from the epic wiki site !

Comment

guys same thing UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Comment

i have the same exact problem and have tried everything if someone could help that would be great

Comment

Ya same thing ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I jusy want to play fornite

Comment

yeah I just want to download Fortnite but the launcher wont even open. It'll "download update" when i first download it but after that nothing happens.

Comment

I have the same problem Absolute why is this a thing that no one is fixing?? I've seen so many posts like these and none of them have real solutions to them

Comment

i too have the same problem and it is bugging me, like majorly

Comment

same problem

Comment

Same problem.

Comment

Uninstall and change the install directory when you re-install. Failing this working, go though all folders - hidden ones as well (in the 'users/AppData' folder) and delete all relative folders after uninstalling, then re-install in a new directory. Maybe this will help?

To the raft of people who's first and only post here is "same problem": posting for help takes time. "Me too" is meaningless without detailed system specs and any efforts taken so far (if any) that have been unsuccessful. The problem is your system, not the launcher. If it were the launcher and thus universal, Epic would be working on it.

Google is your friend.
                          Last edited by Carbon; 02-21-2018, 07:33 PM.
                          My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

ive tried uninstalling drivers, hardware, and OS. heres my dxdiag , ty https://pastebin.com/UXhVAz85

Comment

When I try to open the launcher to try and download fortnite it just rolls the blue circle I double clicked many times and even triple clicked.

Comment

Working...
                              X