can't update game, launcher won't launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't update game, launcher won't launch

I tried to let the launcher upgrade my unreal tournament game to the latest release, but after extended periods (10 hours, 13 hours) it only says x kb/s (2%) of the download, so I tried several times to restart the download and it never worked. I then tried to uninstall the launcher and download one from the site here, and now when I try and launch the launcher it says 'updating' 97 or 91 megabytes, and again, extended periods of 10+ hours will never get it beyond 25%.
    Any idea's how I can get this game running again?

nobody? ****, i'll try uninstalling the launcher again, restarting and reinstalling

Comment

hard2Own,
      What are your results when running a speed test on your network. We just released a new build yesterday. Please check to see if you are having the same issues.

Thanks,
      WhiteGumby

Comment

it's a primitive connection that's not very high speed at all, but has a decent ping for online games.. just takes forever to download stuff - i reinstalled the launcher a couple times and it will never launch, it crashes during a 97 mb download that takes all day lol.. i'll try downloading the launcher again, no idea why it's so weird for me. (says 92.6 mb at 120 kb/s, will see if it works or hangs at around 24% again) .. yep, stops at 24 and goes to 4 kb/s then decides it's actually at 23% and does this forever, pretty weird isn't it?
        The launcher must have been trying to write to somewhere it shouldn't cause running it as administrator finally made it install.. didn't have that problem before.
        Last edited by Blood Duster; 05-25-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

hard20wn,
          So you finally finished the full install and are able to launch now?

Comment

no, unfortunately - i ran the launcher as administrator and it finished updating itself, but then when i go to install/update unreal tournament it will remain at 2% and that's as far as it'll go no matter what.. so I'm not sure if it's trying to write to a directory it doesn't have access to or how to remedy that if the launcher's already running as administrator.. kind of out of idea's.
            only other thing i can think of is to install unreal tournament to my games or something and then there'll be no write permission errors, though i guess dll's and stuff would still be a problem..

(It'd be good if there were standalone patch or download links for the builds, that later get detected by unreal launcher, as an alternative to problems like mine)
            Last edited by Blood Duster; 05-28-2016, 05:46 PM. Reason: it'd be good

Comment

still nothing, it's odd that i'm the only windows 10 user with this problem.. (Is there direct download links to the full launcher and the full build of unreal tournament that are self contained?)
              Last edited by Blood Duster; 06-13-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

tried the http://help.epicgames.com/customer/e...games-launcher advice and everything was manually repaired/installed, permissions are all fine, downloaded latest launcher installer and it won't upgrade itself.. 13% then it starts losing what it downloaded and downloading again, its rediculous.. i can't think of what on my end it could be ... ** might be a memory leak in the launcher updater as i was trying to play skyrim once about a month ago while it was failing its update and everything crashed, out of memory (16 GB installed) **
                Last edited by Blood Duster; 06-26-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

hey i need help
                  it keeps saying unreal process crash

Comment

I need help when I go to download some software for epic games because it says its available it suddenly stops at 45.3 MB and I go to uninstall it and reinstall it and it says I need to update Epic and it stops at 77.2 MB. How do I get past this?

Comment

mine says error

Comment

My epic games launcher will not update. it says there seems to be a problem we will continue trying. what do I do?

Comment

this is what I get nothing I can't log in on my mac
                          Attached Files

Comment

why can't update?

Comment

same problem supnerlyse

Comment

Working...
                              X