Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WE NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS: Video card not supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zuldaris View Post
    This question was posted in 2016 and never got an answer, so I'll try again.

I can't even launch Epic Games Launcher without getting the following error

There is a problem with your graphics card. Please ensure your card
    meets the minimum system requirements and that you have the latest
    drivers installed.

I have the latest drivers for my GTX 960M and have the latest DirectX. Either way, we aren't talking a game here, just the launcher itself. No other company or game do I encounter this issue with. I realize that many people don't update drivers like they should, but if and when they do, it is time to realize that neither Microsoft nor nVidia are to blame. So, I ask you, Epic Games, what is the fix to this? This bug was presented over a year ago. I'd like an answer so that I can play some of your games. I'll buy Fortnite, if I know it will actually play nice with my video card.
    just do the epic,games,shortcut-propeties-target- add at the end "space" "-opengl" you can find this on epic games forums or something i forgot where i found it. but it worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
      Running in -OpenGL is a workaround of sorts. So if you're still on W7SP1 & If your launcher fails straight into GPU error posting, you can try this.
      Good job mate,you helped me,i downloaded the updade for the x64 and its working fine now,thanks a bunch

Comment

Good to know kimli_brat! Be sure to pass it on.
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

wait why would a launcher like that need a graphic card xD i cant understand????! it is a merely a UI just clicking on buttons.. like you cant be more ridiculous

Comment

Guys i found a solution, go to properties in epic games launcher, click compatibility, and put compatibility modes, click on windows XP service pack 2, youre welcome (ignore my bad english)

Comment

I have the same issue. Suddenly it started to shout that my graphics card is unsupported. Two days ago everything was allright. Ive tried everything: -opengl, dxcpl.exe. Nothing worked for me. I have a laptop witg ATI FirePro 7820m and Windows 7 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Da.Weed View Post
                I have the same issue. Suddenly it started to shout that my graphics card is unsupported. Two days ago everything was allright. Ive tried everything: -opengl, dxcpl.exe. Nothing worked for me. I have a laptop witg ATI FirePro 7820m and Windows 7 64bit.
                Sometimes it's good to scroll back.
                LoPing
                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Hello everyone,
                  I had the same problem...The launcher wont launch with error for unsupported graphics card.
                  I tried ''-nosettingslimit'' and ''dx9'' but they didnt work
                  I also tried to change the compatibility mode to ''Windows XP (Service pack 2)'' but it did not work neither
                  After that I tried to add the "-OpenGL" thing to the target location and it worked!!!
                  I must say that i am on a very old laptop with very low specs.
                  I wanted to say Thank you to you all!!

Comment

2020 and still nothing

Comment

Hello
                      Its me again *this is from 28 of December I forgot to post it*
                      There is a different error now
                      I dont see most of the words onthe launcher
                      Please if you know something about it
                      *I uninstalled the launcher and did not think about it*

*17 of January*
                      Im going to install the launcher again to see if the problem is fixed
                      Last edited by ephe8; 01-17-2021, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                        Running in -OpenGL is a workaround of sorts. So if you're still on W7SP1 & If your launcher fails straight into GPU error posting, you can try this.
                        That Helped!!

Comment

After last launcher update "-opengl" thing stopped working, installing Windows update mentioned above helped, thanks for posting it!

Comment

hello i used to play on epic but i had vireses and had to get it fixed thay restarted my pc i cant eaven download it bc of my graphics card it worked before but know no and the graphics card is already upgraded help??

Comment

Just put "-opengl" at the end instead of "nosettingslimit"

Comment

Working...
                              X