No announcement yet.

Testing Network Prediction System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did any of you guys notice weird glitches spectating players that have predict 160 activated?

Comment

Steve, could you integrate a small ping displaying command in the game or maybe add the ping and other needed debug stats to "stat fps", for that we can activate this, while recording our play test sessions for you.
      We could cut out relevant situations and post you the videos.

(I have a external hd recording card, that enables me to record games really smooth and a baaaaad baaaaad internet connection that still has interleaving activated. I want to record some sessions and find the stuff that might be still in there with the next build)
      Last edited by the_lc; 10-23-2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the_lc View Post
        Steve, could you integrate a small ping displaying command in the game or maybe add the ping and other needed debug stats to "stat fps", for that we can activate this, while recording our play test sessions for you.
        We could cut out relevant situations and post you the videos.

(I have a external hd recording card, that enables me to record games really smooth and a baaaaad baaaaad internet connection that still has interleaving activated. I want to record some sessions and find the stuff that might be still in there with the next build)
        Good idea - I'll definitely be adding some better tools for you guys to help me track down network issues once I get to the point where I've fixed all the easy to reproduce ones. Sadly, I'm not there yet, but I'm trying .

Comment

Can you tell a little bit more about how prediction system works in brief? Is it (predicted position) = (last known position) + (last known movement vector)*(predict time)? If so, I can test for issues that can be caused by such prediction.

And also, when I type predict 160 and then predict 0 - does the change appear immediately - or I need to reconnect? Because I tried to to type these commands while I was tracking characters move - and there was no any position shifts, when I turned back to predict 0.
          Last edited by punkloire; 10-23-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

If i have ping 80 do i still need to use predict 160 or lower values are more accurate like for my ping its gonna be predict 80,or no crucial difference at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Bombardier View Post
              If i have ping 80 do i still need to use predict 160 or lower values are more accurate like for my ping its gonna be predict 80,or no crucial difference at all?
              Predict 160 means that anything under 160 will work, it rewinds to your ping, as I understand it, so it's best to just use 160

Comment

Very impressive tech. Most noticeable issues for me were the translocator as mentioned above (which already has a fix), and some very random and not too interrupting self-movement jitter. Played on servers with 180ms ping. In general my connection has very minimal jitter for nearest hops (1-2ms).

Pretty darn playable though. Like I said, very impressive. Especially given the fact that low-pingers didn't complain at all.
                Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Yeah. I can only agree what has been said.

For being in such early stage it works really good. I've had problems with invisible projectiles of all weapons. Seeing that being fixed, definitely in the right way

/luxxiz
                  • Gamer with 14 years of experience in all UT's and many other games.
                  • Played competitive at the highest possible levels
                  • eSport focus

http://twitch.tv/luxxiz | http://www.youtube.com/luxxiz | http://twitter.com/fnaticluxxiz

Comment

Working...
                  X