Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did some testing with Botmatch in DM-DeckTest (crashes)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some testing with Botmatch in DM-DeckTest (crashes)

First, I'd like to say you guys are all doing an amazing job, both Epic and the community! You're the best

I do not own the Unreal 4 engine but thanks to you, I am able to see for myself what's up so far ^_^. I wish I had enough money for it but if there is any way I can help by testing stuff out, I'll do it.

I have noticed with the new build that DM-Overlord (really cool concept btw and does not crash with 32 bots at same time but they do not move at all) is not in the map list of any server online. Does anyone know why?
    Also About DM-Decktest with bots, I have done a few tests myself too.
    Originally posted by UTSkaarj

This happens all in while creating a "LOCAL" match and this happens consistently i feel like no matter what map I play in. Specifically my tests are in DM-decktest and have been crashing after about 5-10mins of game time. The frame rate greatly reduces initially when i start the match and then it seems to smooth out but then drop after about 5-10mins of game time and then my game freezes and i receive the following crash error as pictured above.
    First thing, My computer is about 8 years old. My haardware/OS are :

Motherboard : Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Processor : Intel Core2 Duo E6400 2.13 Ghz
    RAM : Kingston 3X 1GB @ 667Mhz
    GPU : GTX 560 Ti 1GB (MSI Twin Frozr II model), using the latest stable driver 344.11
    Hard drive : 1TB Western Digital Caviar black
    Game client : UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2330705-win32

This is probably a much different setup than what he is using, but here's what I found out (all on DM-DeckTest) :
    I tried putting 15 bots in the game first and it would crash in about 30 seconds without any drop in framerate. it would outright freeze and give me an error message.
    I tried then with 32 bots and it crashed in merely 2 seconds.
    I put only 1 bot vs me in the third game and everything went fine. It was a 15 minutes match and everything was as fine as at start when it was over.
    I then tried a match with 2 bots and it crashed after 2 minutes. The last thing that was happening was a bot ramming into me continuously with the sniper rifle equpped, the other one was away.
    Then it crashed after about 5 minutes on the second attempt with 2 bots. I was not near any of the 2 bots when it happened. Again no framerate loss

I think that some of the bots' actions cause these crashes. I mentioned earlier that in DM-Overlord it did not crash even with 32 bots (who sit there doing nothing)no matter how much time I spent in the map spamming them with the autoturrets. In Decktest they do move and it always crashes except vs only 1 bot. I basically sat there letting him get every power up and gun without a crash, I dueled him without any problem.

I have noticed that the game crashes at some point when bots are using the Bio rifle or shock rifle. the shock rifle error message will me much shorter than the one for using bio rifle.
    Error message I get when I run around a bot that is using biorifle on god mode (might take several tries because they often blow themselves up with the goo) :

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Assertion failed: NewTimerData.TimerDelegate.IsBound() || NewTimerData.TimerHandle.IsValid() [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-UT\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TimerManager.cpp] [Line: 184]

KERNELBASE + 33071 bytes
    UE4_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 232 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
    UE4_Core!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() + 194 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
    UE4_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() + 1090 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
    UE4_Engine!FTimerManager::InternalSetTimer() + 109 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:184]
    UE4_Engine!FTimerManager::InternalSetTimer() + 198 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:154]
    UE4_Engine!AActor::SetLifeSpan() + 219 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3273]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTCharacter::PlayDying() + 738 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utcharacter.cpp:1040]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTCharacter:ied() + 527 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utcharacter.cpp:908]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTCharacter::TakeDamage() + 4137 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utcharacter.cpp:628]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile:amageImpactedActor_Implementation() + 816 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utprojectile.cpp:577]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile::execDamageImpactedActor() + 319 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\public\utprojectile.h:74]
    UE4_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() + 101 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3676]
    UE4_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() + 1805 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:892]
    UE4_Engine!AActor::ProcessEvent() + 123 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:540]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile:amageImpactedActor() + 98 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\intermediate\build\win32\inc\unrealtournament\unrealtournament.generated.cpp:1631]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile::Proces****_Implementation() + 528 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utprojectile.cpp:512]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile::execProces****() + 319 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\public\utprojectile.h:74]
    UE4_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() + 101 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3676]
    UE4_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() + 1805 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:892]
    UE4_Engine!AActor::ProcessEvent() + 123 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:540]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile::Proces****() + 98 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\intermediate\build\win32\inc\unrealtournament\unrealtournament.generated.cpp:1668]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile::OnOverlapBegin() + 1213 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utprojectile.cpp:457]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTProjectile::execOnOverlapBegin() + 343 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\public\utprojectile.h:74]
    UE4_Engine!TScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessDelegate<UObject>() + 127 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:199]
    UE4_Engine!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessMulticastDelegate<UObject>() + 241 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:390]
    UE4_Engine!FComponentBeginOverlapSignature_DelegateWrapper() + 158 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\components\primitivecomponent.h:101]
    UE4_Engine!FComponentBeginOverlapSignature::Broadcast() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\components\primitivecomponent.h:83]
    UE4_Engine!UPrimitiveComponent::BeginComponentOverlap() + 517 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\primitivecomponent.cpp:1884]
    UE4_Engine!UPrimitiveComponent::UpdateOverlaps() + 454 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\primitivecomponent.cpp:2120]
    UE4_Engine!USceneComponent::EndScopedMovementUpdate() + 168 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\scenecomponent.cpp:227]
    UE4_Engine!FScopedMovementUpdate::~FScopedMovementUpdate() + 32 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\scenecomponent.cpp:1697]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!UUTProjectileMovementComponent::MoveUpdatedComponent() + 2728 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utprojectilemovementcomponent.cpp:148]
    UE4_Engine!UProjectileMovementComponent::TickComponent() + 921 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\projectilemovementcomponent.cpp:136]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!UUTProjectileMovementComponent::UpdateState() + 54 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utprojectilemovementcomponent.cpp:252]
    UE4_Engine!UActorComponent::ConditionalTickComponent() + 109 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actorcomponent.cpp:873]
    UE4_Engine!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTick() + 645 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actorcomponent.cpp:469]
    UE4_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask:oTask() + 151 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:322]
    UE4_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() + 270 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:669]
    UE4_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() + 2912 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:338]
    UE4_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() + 42 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:177]
    UE4_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::ProcessThreadUntilRequestReturn() + 161 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:837]
    UE4_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() + 388 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:880]
    UE4_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() + 935 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:194]
    UE4_Engine!SingletonInstance() + 0 bytes
    PhysX3CommonPROFILE_x86!physx::shdfnd::ReadWriteLock::unlockWriter() + 10 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+physx\epic\physx_32\physx_3.3\source\foundation\src\windows\pswindowsmutex.cpp:160]
    PhysX3PROFILE_x86!physx::NpScene::unlockWrite() + 124 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+physx\epic\physx_32\physx_3.3\source\physx\src\npscene.cpp:2953]
    UE4_Engine!FPhysScene::SetUpForFrame() + 162 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\physicsengine\physscene.cpp:810]
    UE4_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() + 62 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:691]
    ntdll + 284836 bytes
    KERNELBASE + 38968 bytes

The error message is consistently the same when it crashes after bot bio rifle use, just the time it takes to make it crash is not. Might take some special conditions i'm not always able to reproduce.
    Here is the error message I get consistently when I run around a bot that's using a shock rifle (on god mode to prevent damage)

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTBot::CheckWeaponFiring() + 447 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utbot.cpp:685]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!AUTBot::CheckWeaponFiringTimed() + 10 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utbot.cpp:710]
    UE4_Engine!FTimerUnifiedDelegate::Execute() + 344 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\public\timermanager.h:46]
    UE4_Engine!FTimerManager::Tick() + 191 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:461]
    UE4_Engine!UWorld::Tick() + 3147 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1152]
    UE4_Engine!UGameEngine::Tick() + 1048 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:858]
    UE4_UnrealTournament!UUTGameEngine::Tick() + 811 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\unrealtournament\source\unrealtournament\private\utgameengine.cpp:131]
    UE4!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3396 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2139]
    UE4!GuardedMain() + 410 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
    UE4!GuardedMainWrapper() + 185 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:136]
    UE4!WinMain() + 219 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-ut\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:201]
    UE4!__tmainCRTStartup() + 293 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

In both cases, it happens almost always right after a shot of either has been fired.

EDIT :

steps for making the game crash when a bot is using the shock rifle :
    1- start a game on DM-DeckTest vs 2 bots
    2- use god mode to be invincible.
    3- the most boring part, find a bot who is using the shock rifle
    4- shoot something so he notices you and runs toward you
    5- strafe and run around him, back dodge, etc while painting him left and right, up and down with your crosshair.

Might take a few tries but it WILL crash with always the same error message and always happens when a shot from a bot shock rifle has just been fired.

Same thing applies to bio rifle, exception is that it seems to crash when they release the alternate fire after charging a shot. It doesnt crash the game often but when I get the error message related to the bio rifle, everytime it is just after hearing the sound of a shot being fired from a bot bio gun.
    Last edited by Fleshfest; 10-21-2014, 07:33 PM.

Guess i am not the only one! I have quiet an old system as well with only a Core2QuadQ6600@@2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, and a 650 Ti Overclock edition. Btw thx for quoting my result!!
    Last edited by khaosdemon; 10-21-2014, 07:40 PM.

"Try Turning the safety off!"
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ex-d31h09y.png

Comment

you guys really need to ready feedback on each weeks build because i pointed that out 30 minutes after the build was released
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I've seen several posts about bots crashing the game but none that say anything about them crashing the game with bio rifle or shock... sry if I was blind

Comment

your forgiven, pay more attention next time
          Join the community Facebook page
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Working...
          X