This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Test the Launcher

Anyone can get the launcher and use it to download unreal tournament (if you are subscribed to this forum). The launcher has been updated with most of the memory leak fixed, so we'd like to move toward having it be the standard way for most people to get their builds (as long as you are running a client Win64 or Mac).

You can download the launcher at this link. I'd love to get some feedback from a few folks on how this works for them between now and tomorrow when we decide whether to post the launcher as the recommended way to get builds.

There's a couple of big pluses to using the launcher, even in its current early state. You'll never have to worry about whether you have the latest build, and build updates are incremental, so the weekly downloads will be much smaller. We've already got some useful links on our launcher page. Over time, we'll be improving the launcher in many ways, including a marketplace for mod authors and a server browser.

Thanks for your feedback!

Worked well for me! On Win64.

Smaller weekly downloads will be nice.

I had no issues with downloading, launching, settings, joining a game. Just as a general feedback type of thing the social icons on the UT launcher tab look a bit rough.
    @jay43K

Comment

the launcher worked pretty well up until ue4 marketplace started then it started hanging all the time...It updated a few hours ago and its still hanging...its not net related either the cpu goes to 100 percent and it freezes, in a minute of useage it will be frozen say 3 times for 5 seconds, other than that its great
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

There used to be a huge memory leak in the launcher but that seems fixed now. Downloading UT through the launcher was a piece of cake!
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

i downloaded it as well, very easy to set up, fast download. downloaded ut through the launcher also no problem aslo fast max sPeep download. then i joined a game and it felt wrong... from previous experience troubleshooting a friends build i thought now i got 2 versions installed and might be conflicting.

old way build i always unzip to desktop with now a unreal tournament folder auto created in my documents. so i added to the filenames of both "old" relaunched ut through epics launcher and problem fixed. also i noticed the ut download was only 600-700mb where as latest build was 1 gig. 300-400 mb difference is huge is anything missing?

i haven't clicked on all the places yet to see if it all works but so far so good.

thank you

EDIT: tested every feature now, all the links did their job. to make it truly EPIC a server browser tab like utlauncher so you can see if someone is playing before starting the game
          Last edited by code187; 10-24-2014, 02:59 AM. Reason: TYPO
          Join the community Facebook page
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Small issue. The interface doesn't fit inside certain resolutions (mine is 1920x1080) if windows display (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display) is set to large. You cannot adjust the window size to fix this problem yourself.
            Attached Files

Comment

Works fine for me, tried to break it, but couldn't. Updating should be much easier now

Comment

Any ETA for the Linux version?
                Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Works great for me. Only issue I've noticed is that the unreal tournament tab doesn't show up straight away, most of the time it takes a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Any ETA for the Linux version?
                    +1 (ten chars)

Comment

is it working with winhq any test it ?

Comment

I used my current UE4 launcher that was up to date, it didn't show the Unreal Tournament tab even when I logged out (was already logged in) and back in to the UT forums. (as flak mentioned on twitch stream i think)
                        What I had to do was to log out from the UE4 launcher and back in, then it updated and showed the UT tab.

After that the game starts nicely, great job!

Comment

Originally posted by jay43k View Post

I had no issues with downloading, launching, settings, joining a game. Just as a general feedback type of thing the social icons on the UT launcher tab look a bit rough.
                          The UT launcher page is very placeholder. We've included those icons to get the community involved in helping us figure out what the launcher should do, and building web content to support those categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Spanner View Post
                            Small issue. The interface doesn't fit inside certain resolutions (mine is 1920x1080) if windows display (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display) is set to large. You cannot adjust the window size to fix this problem yourself.
                            Thanks - I'll forward that issue to the launcher team.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
                              the launcher worked pretty well up until ue4 marketplace started then it started hanging all the time...It updated a few hours ago and its still hanging...its not net related either the cpu goes to 100 percent and it freezes, in a minute of useage it will be frozen say 3 times for 5 seconds, other than that its great
                              Are you saying it hangs when you click on the UE4 marketplace tab, but works fine if you go to the UT tab?

Comment

Working...
                              X