Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Bots still crash the game

Summary:
    Bots crash the game after a few minutes of gameplay.

Version:
    UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2345061-Win64\WindowsNoEditor

Description:
    Bots still tend to crash the game for some reason, especially when you start with certain settings. For me, starting a game with bot skill on 0 and 10 bots on DM-Deadfall causes a crash within half a minute of gameplay in most cases. Anybody with more details please comment.

EDIT: Interestingly, no crashes occur when you start with 7 bots (instead of 10) and skill level 0 on DM-Deadfall, or with 32 bots with skill level 0 on DM-Circuit. Something tells me that there's this middle-ground where bots get the room to do something they should not be doing.

EDIT2: Nevermind, 32 bots in DM-Circuit does crash at some point, but not as early as 10 bots on DM-Deadfall

Steps to Repro:
    1) Setup a game on a map with support for bots (for instance DM-Deadfall)
    2) Set bot difficult to 0 and amount of bots to 10 in the case of Deadfall
    3) Start the game and play a bit
    4) Game will crash after more or less one minute most of the time

Video (crash at the end):

Gives me the feeling that it's still the bio-rifle that causes a crash, especially because all the bots started to get it at the end.

Crash log:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1-22.48.08.log
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 11-03-2014, 11:58 AM.
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

I also got a crash against bots with a high number, but with 4 bots (low number) i haven't crashed yet.

However i was just playing in Montreal server 1v1 was ok (400ping) soon as there was more then 2 of us it crashed 5 times per map. crash reports sent.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
      I also got a crash against bots with a high number, but with 4 bots (low number) i haven't crashed yet.

However i was just playing in Montreal server 1v1 was ok (400ping) soon as there was more then 2 of us it crashed 5 times per map. crash reports sent.
      I can confirm I have crashed by high number of bots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        I can confirm I have crashed by high number of bots as well.
        Me too. 32 bots and game crashed.

Comment

Guys, try 10 bots on DM-Deadfall, also getting a crash after ~ 30 seconds?

Comment

@Archer
            Yes, i've tried that and this crash my game also.

Comment

Yes if i play with 10 bots it always crashes so i dont play with 10 bots

Comment

We're looking into this issue. One of the most important things you guys could include in your bug reports would be the log and .dmp from the crash. If the server crashed please provide us with the server logs and .dmp, same for if it was the client. Those pieces of information will allow us to quickly track down the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RZE View Post
                  We're looking into this issue. One of the most important things you guys could include in your bug reports would be the log and .dmp from the crash. If the server crashed please provide us with the server logs and .dmp, same for if it was the client. Those pieces of information will allow us to quickly track down the issue.
                  Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1-22.48.08.log

I'll also edit the main post. I didn't have a .dmp from that crash though, not sure why, it's the one that happened in the video above.

But it's quite easy to make it crash, just run DM-Deadfall with 7 bots on difficulty 0 and it should crash within 30 seconds, it did that three times for me.

Comment

I'm still getting the game crashing every time with bots. I sent a crash report after via the crash reporter, is there anything else I can do to help?

Comment

Working...
                    X