Fix "Select Translocator"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix "Select Translocator"?

So far everything in the game works, but the "Select Translocator" functionality is not working. In the past you could bind the translocator to a single key dedicated 100% for bringing up the Translocator. Now the only option is "Toggle Translocator", which means that if you press the key twice (or scroll your mouse wheel up twice, in my case) it keeps toggling back and forth between the the Translocator and your last weapon, which is kind of annoying. Any chance of a fix in the near future?
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
    So far everything in the game works, but the "Select Translocator" functionality is not working. In the past you could bind the translocator to a single key dedicated 100% for bringing up the Translocator. Now the only option is "Toggle Translocator", which means that if you press the key twice (or scroll your mouse wheel up twice, in my case) it keeps toggling back and forth between the the Translocator and your last weapon, which is kind of annoying. Any chance of a fix in the near future?
    CustomBinds=(KeyName="Q",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SwitchWeapon 0")

Comment

I don't see anything to "Fix" here. Just don't double tap the key by accident? Oh I see you use scroll wheel up to do TL. That's really odd, but why don't you just set it to middle mouse instead.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
        I don't see anything to "Fix" here. Just don't double tap the key by accident? Oh I see you use scroll wheel up to do TL. That's really odd, but why don't you just set it to middle mouse instead.
        Middle Mouse press = Rocket Launcher

Yeah, I know, not everyone's going to do it that way, but that's how I set it. My muscle memory has been ingrained for a long time.

Scroll down = Flak
        Left Mouse button = move forward
        Right mouse = move back
        Near thumb button = Shock
        Far thumb button = Minigun
        Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 11-15-2014, 05:49 PM.
        UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Sounds like some madness. 5 button mouse for all weapon switching? Do you fire and alt fire with the keyboard or is there some other insanity like pedal triggers playing with your toes?

Comment

This should at least be an option. I play with weaponstay off in games and I often hit the translocator bind when I already have it equipped. The current implementation is infinitely more disruptive than having to hit one of the other pre-existing binds to swap back to the last weapon. I presume this was intended to be a more discoverable replacement for the ability to translocate + switch to last weapon by hitting fire while holding the button down. The latter is in my opinion a much more elegant design because it is much less likely to occur on accident.
            http://i.imgur.com/UtGecAN.png

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
              I wish I could telefrag you IRL.

Comment

You may be experiencing the unable to rebind issue. There is a select translocator in the menu, but due to a bug it may not hold. To resolve change the value in your ini file and clearprofile.
                BeyondUnreal Podcast
                r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

What he's referring to is the fact that the "translocator" bind is actually "Switchweapon 0 | Switchtolastweapon" (or whatever ini equivalent). So if you bind it to your mousewheel and it accidentally clicks twice, you're boned. Or if you are used to spawning with Enforcer and you spawn with translocator and habitually mash the bind, you're boned. Or if you play with weaponstay off and instinctively hit the key before setting up some movement combination, you're boned.
                  Attached Files
                  http://i.imgur.com/UtGecAN.png

Comment

I now have this issue logged as UT-85.

For future reference if you could please post things like this on the UT Development QA forum that would be great.

Also before you get started on the other forum please be sure to read the sticky to understand best practice at helping report issues like these.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions!

-RZE

Comment

Working...
                    X