No sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound

I haven't been able to get any sound from UT so Im looking for suggestions/resolution to get some sort of sound going.

I checked the logs and noticed the messages:
    Message Log #1 - "Unable to load module 'F:/Programs/Epic Games/UnrealTournamentDev/Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4-XAudio2-Win64-Test.dll' because the file couldn't be loaded by the OS"
    Message Log #2 - "LogVoice:Warning: Failed to initialize voice interface"

PC Specs:
    - Win7 64-bit
    - ECS mobo with built-in audio
    - Primary drive for OS only
    - Secondary drive where apps & games are installed

Troubleshooting:
    - Reinstalled UT but still no audio
    - Latest audio drivers are installed
    - Checked Epic Games Launcher for audio settings but no such settings
    - Launch the game, UT GUI is opened, I navigate to the Audio section and tried combinations of audio settings, basically slide audio bars up and/or down...no change, still no sound
    - Have latest audio drivers
    - All other games have sound except UT
    - Tried re-cabling speakers & headphones, no difference
    - Verified Windows volume controls, everything enabled and working (confirmed per above in other games except UT)

Thoughts?

Thanks!

try doing a "verify" of the game ....use the dropdown arrow to the right of your Launch button!

...even after the reinstall you got that msg?

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

-Make sure you have your main Sound card / driver set to default in the windows sound settings/properties.

-Make sure your DX is up to date as well as dotNet

-as it is integrated audio guessing NForce or REALTEK make sure your chipset driver is up to date

- delete your configs at Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Intermediate open the launcher then verify "to reset your configs back to default"

if non of this works don't really know what you could do

Comment

Originally posted by Demonicsoul View Post
        .................................................................................................................
        if non of this works don't really know what you could do
        .... reinstall windows!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried the items below, still no sound.

- Verified Sound card / driver set to default in the windows sound settings/properties.

- Verified DX is up to date as well as dotNet

- Verified chipset driver is up to date

- Deleted configs at Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Intermediate open the launcher then verify "to reset your configs back to default"

- Ran a "verify" of the game

...And I'll pass on re-installing Windows. Considering UT is only in a PA state/version and all other apps & games work, no need to reinstall.

Anyhoo....other idea's?

Comment

Does this happen with both headsets and on speakers?

...and, have you tried and got your correct playback device selected???

... I'm all out of suggestions now!
            Attached Files

Comment

... also try starting in Safe Mode with Networking and (might need to reinstall launcher/game?) see if you get sound then!

Comment

If you got realtek audio manager under speaker configuration check to see if 5.1 or 7.1 audio is selected. Sound wouldn't work for me in the past in ut4 when I used them instead of the basic stereo setting

Comment

Hi
                  No sound in Unreal Tournament at all, but everything else works fine as for example other games. But when you try launch the game you get this error message - C:\Windows\System32\XAPOFX1_5.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error... see picture for details.

... and you re-installed/updated your Audio drivers, Unreal Engine4's launcher and also the game and still NO SOUNDs! Also appears during launch the Unreal Engine 4 Editor.

***SOLUTION***
                  Download XAPOFX1_5.dll and replace it. See video I found on YT on how to do it or follow the simple instructions below.
                  https://youtu.be/PaYA8SMpaC8

***INSTRUCTION***
                  1. Open the zip-file you downloaded from DLL-files.com.

2. Extract the .dll-file to a location on your computer C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7).
                  Make sure overwrite any existing files - This may require administrator privileges (but make a backup copy of the original file just in case).

3. Reboot your computer and done!

I hope this will help you guys / see you and hear you in the game
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tried the following additional suggestions:

- both headset and on speakers
                    - Verified the correct playback device is selected
                    - Tried Safe Mode with networking but unfortunately Launcher wouldnt start
                    - Confirmed realtek audio manager under speaker configuration is set to stereo, not 5.1 or 7.1 audio
                    - Tried 5.1 and 7.1 audio just in case, still no luck. Set back to Stereo.
                    - Reinstalled Audio drivers & different versions

Multipainkiller mentioned XAPOFX1_5.dll errors, i don't actually get any pop-up errors or notifications when launching the game or the launcher. Havent tried replacing the DLL...yet.

I have the editor as well but am not familiar with it yet, was hoping I could test sound in there to confirm its just the game and not the Editor as well?

For now...will try reinstalling Launcher again maybe over the weekend or something.

Comment

Todays testing...

- Uninstalled Launcher & Editor again
                      - Reinstalled just the game this time...no change, still no sound.
                      - Will reinstall the Editor later today. If there is a way to test sound in the Editor as well, lemme know.

Comment

Originally posted by Multipainkiller View Post
                        Hi
                        No sound in Unreal Tournament at all, but everything else works fine as for example other games. But when you try launch the game you get this error message - C:\Windows\System32\XAPOFX1_5.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error... see picture for details.
                        This error indicates that DirectX on your system is out of date. This is fixed by installing the latest version of DirectX, not downloading dlls from various shady websites.
                        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

And yes, with the new version, I get sound during the new title screen, the "YouTube -Frag Center - Submit your clips" screen, obviously not part of being in-game but thats the extent of my sound for "UT.

Comment

Hope one of the near future updates includes fixes for those of us without sound.

Comment

Hephaestus_

Did you install the latest DirectX as _Lynx suggested ?

Thanks,
                              WhiteGumby

Comment

Working...
                              X