Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EpicGamesLauncher - Recognising already installed files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zissakos View Post
    you actually only need to restore :
    - C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data\Manifests (folder)
    - C:\ProgramData\Epic\UnrealEngineLauncher\LauncherInstalled.dat
    *UPDATE* The 4.19.2 issue got resolved after restarting my machine. The 4.21.2 version never had any manifest files, so there is no way to fix it for certain. The above technique is what helped me!

This seems like it should be the best solution, but my Epic Games Launcher still thinks that the engine versions are missing (even though they have thumbnail banners displaying)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	UE_EpicGamesLauncher_CorruptEngineShortcuts.png Views:	14 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	408054
    Last edited by JonathanArmstrong; 01-30-2020, 03:09 AM. Reason: Updating with new information.

Comment

30mb is the sweetspot.
      Working nice after the new launcher update

Comment

Hello neighbour mod kit
        I can’t upload

Comment

Originally posted by RuzzTNailZ View Post
          I recently updated my OS to Windows 10 as a clean install. In the new OS, I installed Epic Games Launcher to it's default directory on drive C, same location as it existed on Windows 7.

When I logged in, my Library had all of the games greyed out as though they were not installed. But my previously installed games did still exist on drive D. This probably has to do with the new launcher install not having the manifest data that the old Windows 7 install had created over time.

If you try to install (re-install) a game you know has already been installed, the EG Launcher will not let you install (or re-install) to a directory that already exists. It says "Directory must be empty.", when you try to install to the original game directory.

1. Go to your Epic Games directory with Windows Explorer. It's usually C:\Program Files\Epic Games, unless you originally installed to a different location. Mine was on drive D.
          2. Find the game folder you want to reinstall (get working) and rename it. I just put an underscore in front of the original name. ex. _ShadowComplexRemastered
          3. Start the install from the launcher. It will ask you to "Choose install location". Select the base Epic Games folder where your game files are already installed. ex. C:\Program Files\Epic Games. It will then show that path and add the game folder to the end. ex. C:\Program Files\Epic Games\ShadowComplexRemastered. Click Install.
          4. Let the Launcher download a couple MB's and "Cancel" the install, but leave open the launcher. Now you have a nearly empty brand new game folder in your Epic Games folder.
          5. Go back to Windows Explorer and rename the brand new folder to anything else. Then, go to the original folder you renamed and name it back to it's original name. You can delete the newer empty folder.
          6. Go to Launcher and click "Resume". The launcher will immediately Verify all files and you'll be ready to play.

Epic Games devs, it would be super helpful for users to have a "Games Install Location" on the launcher Settings page, so the launcher can automatically recognize files in a pre-existing directory and immediately verify them.
          AWESOME!!! Your freaking method worked. "That was breathtaking" (in my Keanu Reeves voice, lol)

Comment

I had this just happen. Logging out of launcher and back in, all my games were then showing correctly installed.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanman2004 View Post

AWESOME!!! Your freaking method worked. "That was breathtaking" (in my Keanu Reeves voice, lol)
              Just had the same problem and this workaround solved the problem for me! Thank you!

But yes, Epic really should implement a function that allows people to relocate a game. Would be so much easier and a great feature as well!

Comment

I have downloaded The Division 2 with Uplay Launcher and I don't know how to link it to EpicGame Launcher.
                I'll be glad to have some help.

Comment

Anybody going to bother helping these people?
                  so many new sign ups, 1 time - 1 posters, never return. No responses.

* I can draw attention to the posts, but there is F all i can do to help as i don't have the titles, nor do i have use for the launcher or a system to use it on and if i did, i do not have the internet data for it..

I will note that Epic Games Launcher Handles pre-installed titles significantly better than Steam, Origin or UPlay and Rockstar.

Infact- Epic Games Launcher is the ONLY launcher i have used that allows you to install and login on a new PC (New OS C:\) with all your games already installed on another Drive (e.g. E:\ from previous OS install)
                  - It works simply by logging in. No fuss with scanning for content for 8 hours like Rockstar Games Launcher. No DRM crappy issues and authentification issues like Original and Uplay. No Symlinks.

No need to mess around with using Process Monitors to grab ".Reg" file changes, authenticated and obfuscated Keys and licenses. And none of this Origin launcher mess with Licenses being installed in both program data and Local appdata.
                  No sneaking around your hidden files and folders to make a backup and transfer.

The only issue with Epic Games Launcher i found was that titles are still forcing the download of already installed redistributables, simply a waste of data.
                  Both Steam and Epic do the saem thing, provide 1 REDIST folder, but then also provide the same redists with every single game.. The redundancy and waste of data really infuriates me
                  xxx
                  Last edited by TKBS; 03-06-2020, 01:26 PM.
                  Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Originally posted by RuzzTNailZ View Post
                    I recently updated my OS to Windows 10 as a clean install. In the new OS, I installed Epic Games Launcher to it's default directory on drive C, same location as it existed on Windows 7.

When I logged in, my Library had all of the games greyed out as though they were not installed. But my previously installed games did still exist on drive D. This probably has to do with the new launcher install not having the manifest data that the old Windows 7 install had created over time.

If you try to install (re-install) a game you know has already been installed, the EG Launcher will not let you install (or re-install) to a directory that already exists. It says "Directory must be empty.", when you try to install to the original game directory.

1. Go to your Epic Games directory with Windows Explorer. It's usually C:\Program Files\Epic Games, unless you originally installed to a different location. Mine was on drive D.
                    2. Find the game folder you want to reinstall (get working) and rename it. I just put an underscore in front of the original name. ex. _ShadowComplexRemastered
                    3. Start the install from the launcher. It will ask you to "Choose install location". Select the base Epic Games folder where your game files are already installed. ex. C:\Program Files\Epic Games. It will then show that path and add the game folder to the end. ex. C:\Program Files\Epic Games\ShadowComplexRemastered. Click Install.
                    4. Let the Launcher download a couple MB's and "Cancel" the install, but leave open the launcher. Now you have a nearly empty brand new game folder in your Epic Games folder.
                    5. Go back to Windows Explorer and rename the brand new folder to anything else. Then, go to the original folder you renamed and name it back to it's original name. You can delete the newer empty folder.
                    6. Go to Launcher and click "Resume". The launcher will immediately Verify all files and you'll be ready to play.

Epic Games devs, it would be super helpful for users to have a "Games Install Location" on the launcher Settings page, so the launcher can automatically recognize files in a pre-existing directory and immediately verify them.
                    thank you so much
                    totally saved me from downloading 70 gb of fortnite and can happily play with my gf now after the (long enough) process of verifying on my old hdd is done

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                      Anybody going to bother helping these people?
                      Infact- Epic Games Launcher is the ONLY launcher i have used that allows you to install and login on a new PC (New OS C:\) with all your games already installed on another Drive (e.g. E:\ from previous OS install)
                      - It works simply by logging in. No fuss with scanning for content for 8 hours like Rockstar Games Launcher. No DRM crappy issues and authentification issues like Original and Uplay. No Symlinks.
                      What a load of ****. How much are they paying you?

I'm not saying Epic isn't easy to verify, but a new OS with a Steam library just needs to point to it as a library folder. Boom... games.

Anyway for Epic, what I did was:

- Rename old games folder
                      - Start and pause one game downloading, in a new folder
                      - Clicked install and pointed all my other previous games to new folder
                      - Moved old games from renamed folder to new folder
                      - Resumed install, which proceeded to start verifying

Bingo.

Comment

Is anybody else experiencing that this dosn't work anymore?
                        I've tried it with three games now and every game verifies and start downloading again from scratch.
                        All I did was uninstall the launcher and install it again (in an attempt to fix every game launched from the launcher crashing at random).

Comment

Originally posted by Henrique Brisola View Post
                          Do not close the laucher, only cancel the installation, overwrite the files and resume, it will verify the new files.
                          Teste today.
                          Launcher is already verifying my game files thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by recLinqS View Post
                            You don't need to reinstall Epic Games Launcher
                            It worked for me this Instructions for Recognising already installed game in Epic Games Launcher:

- Rename the game file to another thing such as "_GameFolder"
                            - Open epic games launcher and start to download your game, when its 1~ mb cancel it
                            - Close epic games launcher(not from taskbar)
                            - Press win + r and type "temp" , then delete all files
                            do it again by typing "%temp%" "prefetch" and "recent" , too
                            - Now rename "_GameFolder" to without "_" , like this "GameFolder" (You must rename folder with same name made by Epic Games)
                            - Open epic games launcher from taskbar (it is already running in background)
                            - Click continue to download

Now it is going to verify game automatically.
                            Bro. Thanks a lot.
                            You are a true genius. S.A.L.U.T.E

Comment

I cant downlode a game

Comment

Working...
                              X