Missing textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Missing textures

On the current build (16th september) I have the problem of missing textures on the Link Gun. I tried to change OpenGL renderer with the comments (like "-opengl3") but that didn't help.
    Last edited by Schubi15; 10-03-2015, 05:20 PM.

Confirming on Ubuntu 14.04.

Comment

This is a known issue on the current Linux and Mac builds. Hoping to be fixed on the next release build
      Thanks,
      WhiteGumby

Comment

Just to increase the topic, not just link gun textures is missing but map and players textures too. I see some textures missing in titanpass and in some wips (i guess it's proposital in the wips). For samael. And just adding one more problem, some hats are missing in gameplay. You can see the hats in lobby and in config of player apperance, but in the match, they don't appear. The glasses are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by PrestusHood View Post
          Just to increase the topic, not just link gun textures is missing but map and players textures too...
          I can confirm that too (OpenGL 3 & 4). Unfortunately the problem with the missing textures still occurs in the current build (October 1st).

With this build I also had problem with the detail settings at the start of the game. No matter what settings I chose at the beginning of the game, it seems that the settings were fixed to low. During a botmatch I decreased the details from Epic to Low and then back... that somehow helped.
          Last edited by Schubi15; 10-03-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I tried both -opengl3 and -opengl4. Along with the missing textures, with the current build (10/01/15), what textures do load only load to their most basic, low resolution formats. This is for all textures - map, player, weapons, etc.

Using an NVIDIA card with driver 355.11

Comment

also only low res texture on linkgun and models, opensuse tumbleweed with nvidia 355.11 ;(

all others are fine.
              Last edited by mcflyle; 10-09-2015, 01:02 AM.

Comment

I am missing the Linkgun texture as well, but on all graphical settings (Low to Epic). There are more things missing textures than just the Linkgun however.

Version:
                Build from 1st of October 2015

Operating System:
                Ubuntu 15.04 and 15.10 64bit

Description:
                In OpenGL 3 mode (default), UT is missing the LinkGun texture. In OpenGL 4 mode, (-opengl4) linkgun + minigun + characters are all missing textures (all grey).

Steps to Repro:
                1. Run UT in default OpenGL 3 mode for LinkGun missing texture.
                2. Run UT in OpenGL 4 mode to find all the other missing textures.

RESULT:
                A whole lot of missing textures, from guns to player models.

Happens on my Nvidia 680 with 355.11 drivers and my AMD R9 390 with Catalyst 15.9 drivers.

Comment

Just for reference, here are some videos which demonstrates the problem:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKIfgFS239Y (Facing Worlds on Linux - you can see missing textures on the ground, Link Gun, etc.)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlC5rDyDXsw (the same map, probably on Windows, all textures are OK)

Pretty much all maps on Linux have missing textures, even Outpost 23 (it is not obvious at first, but if you look at background world, from somewhere where you can see the waterfall, you will notice missing textures). I assumed at first that this is just unfinished work, but then I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmljitH_ot4 (somewhere at 12th second you can get a good look at outside world, on Windows it is beautiful, but for me on Linux it does not look right - water is missing textures).

I would also like to confirm issue that texture setting is not actually remembered and always set to Low at startup (at least on Linux). So if I choose Epic and then restart the game, I can see it still chosen in GUI, but despite that I get only Low resolution textures. As a workaround, I have to choose Low, then Epic again. I have to do this every time I start the game. I have GTX 680 with 355.11 driver. I use Debian Testing. All of above issues are in default OpenGL 3 mode.

I also have tried -opengl4 mode, and besides even more missing textures there are other problems, like a hand not holding some weapons including Enforcer properly, etc. But I guess OpenGL 4 mode is a work in progress, so most likely these issues are already known...
                  Last edited by Dragon.sh; 10-19-2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

New build, Still can't see link gun textures, a certain character, CTF-Facing worlds is missing a few, and those are the ones I'm certain no one else is missing

Comment

Confirm, problem wasn`t fixed with new build.

Comment

I think that the problem here not missing textures, but broken materials. When I run UT in the terminal, I see a lot of messages like these:

Code:
                        [2015.11.02-18.40.28:692][  0]LogMaterial: Can't compile M_LinkGun_MASTER with cooked content, will use default material instead
                        [2015.11.02-18.40.28:692][  0]LogMaterial:Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/LinkGun/Materials/M_LinkGun_MASTER.M_LinkGun_MASTER for platform GLSL_430, Default Material will be used in game.
                        In currently default OpenGL 3 mode in the error above "GLSL_150" will be printed instead of "GLSL_430", rest is the same. The reason why I run game with -opengl4 switch, is that default OpenGL 3 makes some levels, especially Outpost 23, look too dark in some corridors and rooms (to the point I cannot see enemies at all in some places). On the other hand, with OpenGL 4 lighting looks as good as in YouTube videos recorded by Windows users (they all use Direct3D I guess). Hopefully, OpenGL 4 will become the default in the future; I think OpenGL 3 mode makes more sense as fallback for old hardware.

So far I have found 31 broken matarials. Below I provide full list, hopefully it will help developers to figure out what's wrong with them.

Code:
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Lea/DM-Lea/Materials/CeilingDetail/Lea_CeilDetail_FrameDoor_MInst.Lea_CeilDetail_FrameDoor_MInst with Base Lea_MasterMaterialNew2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Lea/DM-Lea/Materials/DisplayMonitor/Lea_Screen_MatInst.Lea_Screen_MatInst with Base Lea_MasterMaterialNew2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Lea/DM-Lea/Materials/DoorwayMats/Lea_DoorwayCeiling_Inst.Lea_DoorwayCeiling_Inst with Base Lea_MasterMaterialNew2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Lea/DM-Lea/Materials/DoorwayMats/Lea_DoorwayFrame_Inst.Lea_DoorwayFrame_Inst with Base Lea_MasterMaterialNew2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Lea/DM-Lea/Materials/Pipes/Lea_Pipes_EmissiveMat.Lea_Pipes_EmissiveMat with Base Lea_MasterMaterialNew2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/BlackLegion/Char_Samael/M_NecrisMale02_Body_MASTER.M_NecrisMale02_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/BlackLegion/Char_Samael/M_NecrisMale03_Body_MASTER.M_NecrisMale03_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/BlackLegion/Char_Samael/M_NecrisMale04_Body_MASTER.M_NecrisMale04_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/ThunderCrash/Materials/M_TC_Male03_Body.M_TC_Male03_Body with Base M_Malcom_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/ThunderCrash/Materials/M_TC_Male03_BodyT.M_TC_Male03_BodyT with Base M_Malcom_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/ThunderCrash/Materials/M_TC_Male05_Body.M_TC_Male05_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/ThunderCrash/Materials/M_TC_Male05_BodyT.M_TC_Male05_BodyT with Base M_TC_Male05_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/ThunderCrash/Materials/M_TC_MaleCamo02_Body2.M_TC_MaleCamo02_Body2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/EpicInternal/Teams/ThunderCrash/Materials/M_TC_MaleCamo02_Body2T.M_TC_MaleCamo02_Body2T with Base M_TC_MaleCamo02_Body2 for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Malcom_New/Materials/MI_Malcolm_Body_Team.MI_Malcolm_Body_Team with Base M_Malcom_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Malcom_New/Materials/M_Malcom_Body_Inst.M_Malcom_Body_Inst with Base M_Malcom_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Malcom_New/Materials/M_Malcom_Body.M_Malcom_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Malcom_New/Materials/M_Malcom_Body_Panini.M_Malcom_Body_Panini with Base M_Malcom_Body for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Necris_Male/Materials/MI_NecrisMale_Body3_Team.MI_NecrisMale_Body3_Team with Base M_NecrisMale02_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Necris_Male/Materials/MI_NecrisMale_Body4_Team.MI_NecrisMale_Body4_Team with Base M_NecrisMale04_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Necris_Male/Materials/M_NecrisMale_Body_MASTER_Inst.M_NecrisMale_Body_MASTER_Inst with Base M_NecrisMale_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Character/Necris_Male/Materials/M_NecrisMale_Body_MASTER.M_NecrisMale_Body_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Environments/FacingWorlds/Materials/M_FacingWorlds_Ground_MASTER.M_FacingWorlds_Ground_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Liandri/Materials/Anton/WaterStream.WaterStream for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Outside/Materials/Bridge/M_BridgeStone_MASTER.M_BridgeStone_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Outside/Materials/Ground/Bottom_Ground.Bottom_Ground for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Outside/Materials/Ground/MiddleTerrain.MiddleTerrain for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Outside/Materials/Ground/M_VertPaint_TestOLDSCHOOL.M_VertPaint_TestOLDSCHOOL for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/LinkGun/Materials/M_LinkGun_MASTER_1p.M_LinkGun_MASTER_1p with Base M_LinkGun_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/LinkGun/Materials/M_LinkGun_MASTER.M_LinkGun_MASTER for platform GLSL_430
                        /Game/RestrictedAssets/Weapons/Weapon_Base_Effects/Materials/M_LinkGun_hologram_02.M_LinkGun_hologram_02 for platform GLSL_430
                        List above also includes all materials broken for OpenGL 3 mode, so I think there is no need to post both lists.

This is probably not Linux-specific issue, but OpenGL-specific issue. If this is correct, then not only MacOS will be affected in exactly the same way, but Windows too if user chooses OpenGL mode (with -opengl4 switch). I cannot confirm this theory myself because I have only Linux on my computer.
                        Last edited by Dragon.sh; 11-03-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

This theory does make sense, because if it's a texture issue, it will appear on Windows as well. However, if it's a problem with how OpenGL handles the texture, then it will effect only Linux and Mac users in a usable way, due to Windows being just about pure DirectX.

Comment

As I have said, I do not think the problem is texture issue, but material issue. All textures are there, but because some materials cause errors in OpenGL mode, they are not used and replaced with default material. The reason why we do not see textures is because default material implies default texture as well.

I also realize that Windows users will use Direct3D by default. But if this is OpenGL-specific issue, even if developers who are interested into looking this bug use Windows as primary development and testing platform, they should be able to reproduce the issue in Windows by just using -opengl4 switch, which is much easier than rebooting to other OS.
                            Last edited by Dragon.sh; 11-06-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I do agree with Dragon.sh fully. I also have broken materials and Outpost23 is way too dark in OpenGL3. OpenGL4 has some depth bugs though (the hand holding the pistol is rendered *behind* the gun).

These are my main 2 issues with the Linux version, otherwise the game runs very good. Also - I have the same issue with textures being loaded at Low level. This happens when I select Epic textures but is "fixed" by selecting High texture quality.
                              Last edited by alexhultman; 11-09-2015, 07:05 PM. Reason: I think the hand is behind, not on the gun IIRC

Comment

Working...
                              X