Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange brick-textured border around the screen at all times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange brick-textured border around the screen at all times.

Hello.

I'm getting a strange brick texture around the border of the screen at all times. Latest build running in GL3 mode.

It only seems to occur if I set the post-processing quality preset to anything but "low". Each higher setting causes the border to become more and more opaque. I managed to temporarily circumvent this issue by setting the post-processing quality preset to "low", and using the advanced settings to manually ramp everything up.
    Attached Files

I can confirm this behavior. I have the same problem with the latest build (besides missing textures and odd lighting).
    I'm using Debian 8 Jessie, Nvidia 352.79 Driver.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Schubi15; 07-22-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

turn post processing down to low and use advanced settings to max all of them out individually if you want.

Comment

I've been getting this, and random lighting issues with a R9390
        I've had to put the shadows on low and all other settings to medium to get it close to windows.
        also to get the 390 playing nice with Linux i needed to do this on Mint 18
        I'll try to sum up, to help a little if some people are confused about the process of "workarounding" it.

1) Go here: https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5...n_ucode/hawaii
        2) Download every file.
        3) Go here https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/k/
        4) Download hawaii_k_smc.bin
        5) Rename this file to hawaii_smc.bin (to replace the one you have from step 2)
        6) Put all those files in your "firmware" folder (in my case /usr/lib/firmware/radeon), make a backup of those before, if you want.
        7) Reboot & enjoy.

For some people it seems necessary to update initrd, but in my case (Arch Linux), only a reboot gives me good DPM support and it almost never crashes. On every firmware update on your system, you might have to repeat all the steps (until those files are used on your distro by default).

I hope it is somewhat easier to get it working.

Comment

Thanks for the reports. This is actually a Linux/Mac issue involving OpenGL. There is a bug filed and can be found here. https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-4490

Comment

hmmm, turning ppq to low doesn't seem to work for me :/

Comment

That bug is low-prio; I'd like to work on fixing + testing. I'm not really sure why we have a defect like this which claims to be an issue with OpenGL, sitting in the UT bug backlog...

When trying to login (no way to register?) to the UT JIRA system, I get "Aw, shoot. You don't have access with <mine@email.com>..."
              Last edited by fermulator; 09-30-2016, 09:27 PM. Reason: added note about inability to access the JIRA bug tracker system

Comment

JIRA is not open to the public. Just Read Only.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                  JIRA is not open to the public. Just Read Only.
                  This problem is gone in new build

Comment

Originally posted by Komkommer View Post
                    This problem is gone in new build
                    Can confirm, thanks! ♥

Comment

Working...
                    X