No announcement yet.

In-game "New version available" screen in build 3395761 gets stuck on loading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-game "New version available" screen in build 3395761 gets stuck on loading

I'm using the 3395761 build on Ubuntu 17.04.

The game seems to work fine, and I can connect my online account.

I know the build is probably old by now, but that's the only one I could manage to find from the forums (the "download now" button still only lists Mac and Windows).

Shortly after connecting with my online account, I get an in-game notification stating a new version is available.
    It seems to be trying to load remote content, but gets stuck permanently while loading.
    It can be dismissed by clicking the OK button.
    Leaving it there for a while seems to make my laptop's fans go berserk.

I suspect this is some form of bug.

I'd also like to understand how to manually upgrade the client, since again, I could only find the one link in the forums (the archive is provided through AWS).

Thanks in advance.

menajrl The links to the new builds for Linux are posted in the pinned thread for the current build in the Announcements section
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Thanks for the link _Lynx. Do you think the "broken" new release window can be considered a bug?

Comment

Yeah, that behavior is not normal.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Will wait to see if any in-game window in the 0.1.11 version displays the same behavior. If so, will mark as bug.

Comment

Working...
          X