Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge glitches on Linux

Hello,
    in Blitz Mode i got these glitches on few maps. i'm running the last version (Unreal Tournament Patch 0.1.12 June 2017) on Ubuntu 18.04 with Nvidia proprietary drivers for a GTX950M. I can't play Blitz Mode because of this On deathmatch mode all is fine so i guess it's a maps-related issue

https://youtu.be/6pg9yKZqYCg

Fort has been dead to Linux since before the latest update. Nothing you can do. IIRC, it's the only (Official) Blitz map that is unplayable. Pretty much all maps have varying degrees of glitches for Linux. Most are just annoying. I mostly play Elimination where Cheops is a popular map; none of the textures render so it's all gray checkerboard. I'd like to think it actually gives me a visual edge, but I'm so low on the talent tree that it doesn't help at all.

For Team games you're likely to have the problem where Player Model Skins don't render correctly and are all black. Makes it really hard to not waste time shooting your teammates. (Besides making them wonder what is wrong with you...)

Also, don't plan on completing any challenges because the MCP Server won't update and save your progress.

Other than all that, Welcome to UT, fellow frustrated Linux user.
    No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

I really hope that we will see an update before the end of the year. I guess that a lot of problems would disappear if linux version was updated to be build with a newer version of the engine, at least to be on par with windows version.
      ln the meantime, if you can still get it, 0.1.11 (build 3436913) doesn't have MCP issue and you can try to complete challenges with it but, it has other issues notably if you have a slow computer.

Comment

Originally posted by darkskyabove View Post
        For Team games you're likely to have the problem where Player Model Skins don't render correctly and are all black. Makes it really hard to not waste time shooting your teammates. (Besides making them wonder what is wrong with you...)

Also, don't plan on completing any challenges because the MCP Server won't update and save your progress.

Other than all that, Welcome to UT, fellow frustrated Linux user.
        Yes, I have the problem of black Skins also in DM. It's annoying because they are like in stealth-mode Thanks for the welcome. I didn't know they started to develop UT again and I'm enthusiast of this. It's a pity they are not developing it anymore. A free-to-play with like DOTA2 (not a pay-to-win...) would be great.

Originally posted by NoSoulBack View Post
        I really hope that we will see an update before the end of the year. I guess that a lot of problems would disappear if linux version was updated to be build with a newer version of the engine, at least to be on par with windows version.
        ln the meantime, if you can still get it, 0.1.11 (build 3436913) doesn't have MCP issue and you can try to complete challenges with it but, it has other issues notably if you have a slow computer.
        The last version works (almost) fine with Deathmatches. I'm not an heavy player so I'm ok with it at the moment also if I can only play DM. Anyway I REALLY hope they are still developing it, too.

Comment

Stuck for over a year at 39 Gold Stars (40 unlocks new skin --> Samael - Blood Moon)...

Reads post about prior UT version w/out MCP issue...

Suffers through slow 11GB download...

Loads up old UT, only star with a good chance of achieving is FR-Fort with unplayable graphic glitches...

Plays, wins, gets 40th star...

Totally worth it.

Thanks NoSoulBack. (I guess tags aren't working correctly...) Edit: tag worked after posting.

Comment

Glad, it helped, darkskyabove.
            To get back on topic, latest build is 0.1.12.1.(07/12/2017 build 3525360) Thauron_ is this the one you're using? If not, you may want to give it a try... Unfortunately, release notes have disappeared from wiki...
            Those graphics glitches seem to happen with nVidia cards and opengl4. (Other cards have glitches too but different ones) You can try to update nVidia drivers to a newer version if any. Also you can try to start the game with -opengl3 option if the driver support it. (Note that a lot of shaders are missing for opengl3 so if it works you will have a lot things gray but you may be able to play that map.) Then if you still experience problems, you may find some hints digging on nVidia forum. Good luck.

Comment

I tried -opengl3 on current build w/latest nVidia and Fort is playable. Lots of gray textures (even weapon skins), but clear lines of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by darkskyabove View Post
                I tried -opengl3 on current build w/latest nVidia and Fort is playable. Lots of gray textures (even weapon skins), but clear lines of sight.
                Thanks! This worked for me. It's not perfect, but playable. Thank you very much! I prefer Blitz mode than Deathmatch

Comment

Working...
                X