Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Eazy View Post
    Have found that using a gui like "ark" (in KDE) skips files needed. why i don't know
    Thanks, that did the trick. I didn't know of these problems with ark. It's working now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i usually launch it via ./UE4-Linux-Test UnrealTournament -opengl4 . Of course UE4-Linux-Test has to be chmod +x first (= change mode/permission to allow it to be executed) . So ./UE4-Linux-Test UnrealTournament is the right way to do it for now i guess.
    As Eazy mentioned, check if everything has been unzipped correctly, if you still got issues, report back

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try to unzip the game from console if you haven't: "unzip UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2566237-Linux.zip". Have found that using a gui like "ark" (in KDE) skips files needed. why i don't know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't launch the game too. When i try to launch the game using "./UE4-Linux-Test UnrealTournament", a popup shows up saying "Failed to open descriptor file '../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject'". With "./UE4Client UnrealTournament" or "/UE4Client" i get "Failed to open descriptor file '../../../UE4Client/UE4Client.uproject'".
    How should i launch the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are you trying to start the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same problem but im on a mac,, what do i do? the game doesnt launch, it just says failed to open descriptor file..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder why there isn't a "proper" executable to use on Linux. The "./UE4 UnrealTournament" command is not obvious. Is this just an oversight? Maybe the devs don't know about it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go to LinuxNoEditor/Engine/Binaries/Linux and allow UE4 as a program. Then type the command "./UE4 Unreal Tournament" in a terminal. Without the brackets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to run something like ./UE4 UnrealTournament

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Cannot launch the game

Cannot launch the game

Hi,

This might be because I am not very familiar with games' file systems, but I cannot get the game to launch. I try to launch it through UE4 (located in /linuxnoeditor/engine/binaries/linux/) but I get the error: Failed to open descriptor file '../../../UE4/UE4.uproject

Any help or if I am trying to launch from the wrong file?

Thanks
Working...
X