Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed to open file descriptor... in 2467145 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to open file descriptor... in 2467145 build.

This is the error I get:

This is on a clean install - the zip file was extracted to a new folder, and the ~/Documents/UnrealTournament folder was deleted (it is not being recreated when I get this error).

I also tried different executable files in the folder, but each gives the same error, except for UE4Game, which simply crashes.

Other command I tried that also gave the same result:
    ./UE4 UnrealTournament
    ./UE4 UnrealTournament -SERVER DM-DeckTest
    Attached Files

Can you go to the LinuxNoEditor folder and try running

Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4 UnrealTournament

And see what it does.
    Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 03-06-2015, 03:11 PM.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

You mean Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4 ? That gives me the same result, but I already added that at the bottom of the post

Comment

Yeah, edited my post to be accurate. Anyway I was saying to try to run the UE4 from that folder to see if it's having a path issue. I can run it that way on my Linux machine. Does the UnrealTournament folder exist?
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

OK, launching from that folder gives the same result. And UnrealTournament folder does not exist.

Comment

Sounds like a bad download/extract.

Comment

OK, so there definitely is a problem with the zip I download - if I open the zip file I get an error about inconsistent compressed size.
              (there where no errors when I used right click -> extract here)

So I tried downloading again, using:
              wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/unrealtourn...7145-Linux.zip -c

But the downloaded file is the exact same size and has the same error.
              Note, that I use wget, because when downloading using Chrome the download always gets interrupted. I never had problems like that when previously downloading the game, and I don't think I have internet issues.

Any ideas?

Comment

OK, problem solved, sorry for wasting everyone's time. While the graphical archive manager showed errors while opening the zip file, using unzip from the console did the job.

Comment

Working...
                X