Some audio only outputting in right channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some audio only outputting in right channel

Hi! I recently decided to switch over to Arch Linux. The problem that I am experiencing is exactly what the title says -- some audio only outputs in my right audio channel.

Some sounds that are affected by this are weapon / armor pickups, gunshots, and some room fx in outpost.

I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface with Pulse Audio.

Below is a video (not mine) that includes the issue. Note how some audio only comes through the right speaker.

Build: UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2504664-Linux

Last edited by Hypersurface; 04-24-2015, 06:02 PM.

I got the same problem on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Comment

I've got similar problem on my Kubuntu 14.04.2, PulseAudio 4.0, Realtek ALC889 codec. But most of the sounds are played in the left chanel.

Comment

Here's some more info. This issue still persists in the newest build. I figured out that linux seems to think has two rear channels. After simulating stereo by routing my game audio through a null sink, the audio changed a bit. It wasn't totally on one ear at a time, but the sound positioning was still broken. See the above videos, as they were a bit closer to what I was hearing. Lastly, I don't seem to be able to change the games' pulse audio device with pavucontrol while the game is open. The game will only accept the fallback device.

Comment

The issue still persist. Not being able to identify the direction of sounds is really game breaking. Any idea on what could be causing this bug?

Comment

Have the same problem on Manjaro. I use the latest UT4 build.

Comment

With the current build from the 16th September the problem still exists.

Comment

Ubuntu 14.04, confirming this.

Comment

I currently tested the build from the 1st October... the sound problem still exits. On my first test some audio effects were played from the center (but still no stereo) instead of the right speaker, at my second test I had output in the right channel again. I'm using Linux Mint 17.2 64-Bit.

Comment

Still a problem with latest build.

Comment

Yes, latest build still contains this bug. Ubuntu 14.04

Comment

This seems to be fixed is the 2/1 build! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                        X