Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MacBook Pro, unplayable. Rookie error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MacBook Pro, unplayable. Rookie error?

Hi there,
    just got a new MacBook Pro and UT4 is literally unplayable on this. The graphics looks like 1996 and it's slow, nothing changes when I put the texture details up.

I'm new to Mac gaming, is there anything I need to know? Shouldn't the game be at least playable on this device?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Specs:
    2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
    Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
    16GB 1600MHz memory
    512GB PCIe-based flash storage1
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB GDDR5 memory

Don't sweat it. OS X performance is behind Win performance. My 680MX-clad iMac runs UT beautifully (1440p, many settings on high) in Windows, but struggles to run it at all in OSX. With any luck, we'll get some Metal support in the near future (and some general love on the Mac side of things).

Comment

There's definitely some issues with the game running on OS/x. It is not utilizing the GPU at all, it acts as though it is using CPU rendering... not even using the intel graphics chipset.

Comment

Check your Screen Percentage option in the game. It looks like it's not at 100%
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
          Check your Screen Percentage option in the game. It looks like it's not at 100%
          Makes no change Still doesn't seem to be utilizing the GPU at all.

Comment

I got Macbook pro 15" 2.2ghz intel i7, 16gb DDR3 with Intel Iris Pro graphics with el Capitan 10.11.3
            In game my cpu overheats and becomes very noisy and the game safe crash after 3-10 minutes everytime.
            Acitivity monitor shows UE4 using 125% CPU but the CPU load below is average 25-27 leving over 70 to idle.
            Memory usage is 1.25GB.
            I would be glad to find answer for my issue)

Comment

Current build ihas some performance issues on Mac + Iris Pro lacks power to run the game. Next build should improve the performance, but I'm not sure if that will be enough for Macs with with with Iris Pro.
              "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
              - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Working...
              X