Finally Some Good News for Mac Users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Some Good News for Mac Users!

Finally, after the latest update (4.14), the editor is now usable on the Mac! At least on the Mac Pro trashcan I have at work. Even on this machine, it was like running on 10 year old hardware. Yesterday I was able to make a quick level with some basic objects. Hit build and the lighting actually completed and gave super smooth shadows. Well done Epic!

For what it's worth, I did attempt the same test on my much older Mac Pro tower at home (2008 I think) running Yosemite and a Radeon 5770 1 GB card. Good news is it did compile and finish and have shadows. Bad news is this game/engine is just too much for this old hardware. Materials and shadows were very glitchy and flickered all over the place. Then after hitting ESC to get back to the editor, it crashed hard and made my Mac reboot on it's own. It was worth a shot.

Still good to know that the editor works if you have current hardware. Haven't tried the actual game yet on the trashcan, but I will tonight just to see.

W.I.P.s
    DM-Containers

One thing I just noticed on the Mac editor... you cannot compile and share your maps! Has this always been the case? Maybe it has, but since I could never build properly, I never began building maps on the Mac side of the world.

It just says "Coming soon. Sharing custom maps will be a available on your platform soon."

W.I.P.s
    DM-Containers

Comment

Working...
    X