Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac Client acting unresponsive at times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Client acting unresponsive at times.

I have been having a problem with the Mac Client. When I start a challenge or a bot match and the 'tutorial' video will play but then the game just hangs. I end up having to force quit just to get back to the main screen. I have not really found a pattern yet, other then the Tutorial video is usually involved. Anyone else had this problem?

Stan

yeah had similar things, mainly where the tutorial video should play i get the sound but a black screen, waiting till the video finishes and all comes back but it does feel like it has hung.
    also had unresponsive menus but cmd-TAB out to desk top and cmd-TAB back in again seems to sort that little problem

Comment

Oh man, glad to know I'm not alone on this. Can confirm. Can also confirm that UT is the only thing so far that overdraws the PSU on my Mac Pro 5,1 after installing a 1080 Ti.

Comment

(OK, tried to edit my last post but since I'm not approved yet I guess I'll do a second post…)

To be specific, on my Mac when I try and play a DM map, I hear the tutorial on DMs playing with a completely black screen. If I walk away for about 5 minutes, it will have loaded the map though. But there's no warning at all that it's finishing. It just hangs and hangs and finally suddenly says loading map and the map shows up.

CPU:
        Model Name: Mac Pro
        Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
        Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
        Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
        Number of Processors: 1
        Total Number of Cores: 4
        L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
        L3 Cache: 8 MB
        Memory: 12 GB
        Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

GPU:
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti:
        Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
        Type: GPU
        Bus: PCIe
        Slot: Slot-1
        PCIe Lane Width: x16
        VRAM (Total): 11264 MB
        Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
        Device ID: 0x1b06
        Revision ID: 0x00a1
        ROM Revision: MacVidCards
        Metal: Supported

DISPLAY:
        DELL U2715H:
        Resolution: 2560 x 1440 @ 60 Hz
        Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
        Main Display: Yes

Comment

I have the same issue with a Mac Pro 5,1 and a Radeon 7XXX that's NOT flashed for Mac. It seems to work better after you let it load for a few minutes and the tutorial stops playing over a black screen.

Comment

I also have this issue. Have not tried letting it load for so long, however. Will try that.

The only game mode which has been working for me is Siege Mode since it doesn't have a voiceover.

Comment

Working...
            X