UT 4 Pre-Alpha running slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT 4 Pre-Alpha running slow

When I try to play the pre-alpha it runs super slow and I can't have a decent game. I'm wondering if it's something on my side or what.

My specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2GHz)
    Processor 2,2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128 MB

I have OS X Yosemite. Unreal Tournament '99 and 2004 both work fine on it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Also known as Nesgee.

Green and Yellow Flag concepts

yea bad specs!
    only 2 cores with 2,2GHz is too slow
    and the gpu is bad
    You need to know that UT 4 is made for the next gen.
    Last edited by y2k; 11-12-2014, 12:49 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/pqdSEug.gif

Comment

Aha, good to know.

Would still like to know what specs one needs to have to be able to play the game properly. If one of the dev's could post the system requirements I'd be very grateful.
      Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

Mine MacMini doesn't seem suited to handle it either. Perhaps its an issue with how the graphics are handled. I don't see many people having Macs, so I suspect any of the developers looking at this is small...

Here are my specs. I am getting perhaps the same result as you, very very slow. Not playable.

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011)
        2 GHz Intel Core i7
        8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
        Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Comment

Tried turning the FPS cap down to 30 and all settings to low. I also changed the resolution down to 800x600. That made the game a bit more playable, however, it is still horrible if you want to have an actual match.
          Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

Tbh, I dont think your gfx cards are strong enough

Comment

These setups would run very slow even on PC. The top MacBook Pro model might be able to run it acceptably, same with iMacs. The new 5K retina iMac and Mac Pro should run it well.

I keep an old PC for gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by neai View Post
                These setups would run very slow even on PC. The top MacBook Pro model might be able to run it acceptably, same with iMacs. The new 5K retina iMac and Mac Pro should run it well.

I keep an old PC for gaming.
                It runs quite nice (if a bit hot) on a 15" MBPr (Haswell/Crystalwell)
                But I've really got to get a gaming mouse. Multitouch trackpads don't mix well with fps games.

Comment

I am not sure that is only spec issue. I run UT on windows and mac OSX on the same machine and it is a lot more smooth on windows.
                  But we have to keep in mind that UE4 is a directX engine, and directX is not supported on OSX...

Comment

Hello, i would like to know how to install unreal tournament on a mac!! Could you guys help me ? canĀ“t find anywhere

Comment

All the graphics cards mentioned so far in this thread are just way too old and slow. Gunsmoke you just need at least 2gig card. Rest of your specs are fine.

Rodox your close.... look in the top secret section.
                      Join the community Facebook page
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

It runs fine on my iMac, apart from the aiming problems. Unable to aim with mouse, only with keyboard.

I have a high end iMac with a 4gb GFX card, and 32 gb or Ram, so I get some high FPS and smooth play. I just wish the mouse tracking issue would get fixed.
                        Win 10
                        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

The Intel HD 3000 has a known, unresolved, OpenGL driver bug under OS X that prevents any UE4 project from running acceptably.
                          Older OpenGL 3.3 GPUs such as the Nvidia 8600 will be much slower under UE4 than newer OpenGL 4.1 GPUs in part because the OS X drivers for OpenGL 3.3 cards lack some features UE4 assumes will be present. We've disabled the affected rendering features, but they still aren't fast cards.

The newer OpenGL 4.1 cards will be better for UT/UE4 (Nvidia 650M or later, AMD 5670 or later, Intel HD 4000 or later) with the best performance obviously on the most powerful cards from each vendor.

Comment

How would i know if my macbook could run it no problems? I bough the latest MacBookPro Retina 13" in december.. with 16gigs of ram.. i can't imagine it shouldn't run it smoothly..

When i run the game, i get tones of artifacts all over...

These are my system info:

Intel Iris:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris
                            Type: GPU
                            Bus: Built-In
                            VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
                            Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
                            Device ID: 0x0a2e
                            Revision ID: 0x0009
                            Displays:
                            Color LCD:
                            Display Type: Retina LCD
                            Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
                            Retina: Yes
                            Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
                            Main Display: Yes
                            Mirror: Off
                            Online: Yes
                            Built-In: Yes
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ConfuzedOne View Post
                              How would i know if my macbook could run it no problems? I bough the latest MacBookPro Retina 13" in december.. with 16gigs of ram.. i can't imagine it shouldn't run it smoothly..

When i run the game, i get tones of artifacts all over...

<snip>
                              UT appears to have exposed an Intel Iris GPUs driver bug on OS X as already mentioned here (https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...g-really-weird)

So we are aware & will investigate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X