No announcement yet.

UT 4 Pre-Alpha running slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure! Just read your post. I'll try to collect some logs.

Restarted the game several times. This is the only crash I logged so far.
    Unreal Engine Crash reporter:
    MachineId:7B45CD3B344890FC51E2A4ADD0C73D70
    EpicAccountId:

SEGV_MAPERR at 0x208

Unknown() Address = 0x12344037fde9 (filename not found) [in GeForceGLDriverWeb]
    gpumLoadCurrentQueries Address = 0x7fff8b558c36 (filename not found) [in libGPUSupportMercury.dylib]
    gldUpdateDispatch Address = 0x12344036799e (filename not found) [in GeForceGLDriverWeb]
    Unknown() Address = 0x11d78d037 (filename not found) [in GLEngine]
    Unknown() Address = 0x11d732205 (filename not found) [in GLEngine]
    Unknown() Address = 0x11d731a50 (filename not found) [in GLEngine]
    Unknown() Address = 0x11d788a32 (filename not found) [in GLEngine]
    _dispatch_client_callout Address = 0x7fff8ced13c3 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
    _dispatch_queue_drain Address = 0x7fff8ced5ff3 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
    _dispatch_queue_invoke Address = 0x7fff8cedc6bf (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
    _dispatch_root_queue_drain Address = 0x7fff8ced4d0b (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
    _dispatch_worker_thread3 Address = 0x7fff8ced4ab8 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
    _pthread_wqthread Address = 0x7fff9a6764f2 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
    start_wqthread Address = 0x7fff9a674375 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
    Console:
    12/4/15 5:53:31.534 PM UE4-Mac-Test[1234]: App Transport Security has blocked a cleartext HTTP (http://) resource load since it is insecure. Temporary exceptions can be configured via your app's Info.plist file.
    Last edited by EbbyB; 12-04-2015, 10:12 PM. Reason: Add Logs

Comment

This is definitely a real programming issue.

I have a macbook pro 15" quad core 2.3ghz i7 GPU, 512gb SSD, 8gb ram, and nvidia GT750m 1gbvram with latest OS and updates. I have an acer laptop with half the CPU spec but same GPU that runs this pre-alpha very smoothly at native resolution under windows 10, my macbook barely gets 2-3 framerate at native resolution...

I have already attempted to run it with "Automatic Graphic Switching" turned off as well, same result.

I have also noticed: the Epic Games Launcher runs at 110-140% CPU when just sitting idle doing nothing in the program either when the game is launched or not.

Comment

The last thing is an common issue with the launcher – does the same on Windows, although not to 100%+, at least on my PC
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I hope Epic keeps working on the Mac Port. To the people that is doing the Mac OS X programming I applaud you guys. I'm a novice programmer myself so I know it's no easy task. I was actually surprised that Mac port was even playable at all at this stage. We'll have to wait and see. I'm sure once the Windows version is more finial they will work more on the Mac port to optimize it. Anyway I'll see what Apple does in a year or two for gaming. If Apple keeps doing what they are now I'll be build myself a Windows system the way it looks when I need to upgrade again.

Comment

Originally posted by hackintosh View Post
            I hope Epic keeps working on the Mac Port. To the people that is doing the Mac OS X programming I applaud you guys. I'm a novice programmer myself so I know it's no easy task. I was actually surprised that Mac port was even playable at all at this stage. We'll have to wait and see. I'm sure once the Windows version is more finial they will work more on the Mac port to optimize it. Anyway I'll see what Apple does in a year or two for gaming. If Apple keeps doing what they are now I'll be build myself a Windows system the way it looks when I need to upgrade again.
            How did you get it to work? Every time I started it up and try to load the match, it keeps crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Omerion1 View Post
              How did you get it to work? Every time I started it up and try to load the match, it keeps crashing.
              I know the last time I played only some of the maps worked. So check that first. Also I had a couple random crash too that had a submit button. If you haven't all ready check if there is a post started with this behavior then add your crash information and the steps you did to get to that point. If there is no post to start one. At least submit the crash report when it happens so EPIC gets that info.

Comment

I have a Mac Pro 2015:

Model Name: Mac Pro
                Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
                Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
                Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
                Number of Processors: 1
                Total Number of Cores: 4
                L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
                L3 Cache: 10 MB
                Memory: 16 GB

With a pair of AMD FirePro D300:
                AMD FirePro D300:

Chipset Model: AMD FirePro D300
                Type: GPU
                Bus: PCIe
                Slot: Slot-1
                PCIe Lane Width: x16
                VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
                Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
                Device ID: 0x6810
                Revision ID: 0x0000
                ROM Revision: 113-C4012F-687
                gMux Version: 4.0.11 [3.2.8]
                EFI Driver Version: 01.00.687

I know the GPU on the Mac Pro are not optimized for gaming, but I was playing pretty well until I ran the new map on UT and then everything dropped to a crawl. I wanted to know if there was any way to optimize the fireproofs from Terminal.app or if there is another tool I could use. We have a UT Server at work for "Stress Relief" and I am the only sucker with a Mac. Everyone else is on PC.

Thanks!

Comment

ive got a Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12core, 64GB ram and dual AMD FirePro D700 and the game runs pretty poor and even with the gfx settings set high it still looks pretty bad
                  gonna give it a try on bootcamp and see if thats any better

Comment

Just updated for the heck of it and it WORKS! The Autodetect didn't find my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, but I maxed out the settings at 2048x1536 (yeah, old school CRT) and set a frame cap of 80fps and it is smoooth!
                    Last edited by EbbyB; 07-06-2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Hello guys,
                      I have my Mac mini (late2014) running on:
                      2.6Ghz on Intel i5
                      Ram: 8gb 1600 Mhz ddr3
                      Graphic card: Intel Iris 1536 Mb

I am trying to play the game but since I am picking the type of game I wanna play, the sound plays normal
                      but with no video. after the explanation the game crashes. I tried again putting everything to low on the setting,
                      no result!!!

Any idea how to play the game???
                      thanks in advance!!!!

Comment

@nickdedalos

I am trying to play the game but since I am picking the type of game I wanna play, the sound plays normal
                        but with no video. after the explanation the game crashes. I tried again putting everything to low on the setting,
                        no result!!!
                        There's another thread on that issue over here. Try to remove the tutorial videos and see, if the map will load properly then. It resolved some issues for myself, suddenly it will show the map loading screen:
                        1. Quit the game & open the UnrealTournament folder in the macOS Finder
                        2. Navigate down to /UnrealTournament/Content/Movies/
                        3. Delete – or otherwise remove – the TutorialVideos-folder from the /Movies/-directory

Comment

Working...
                        X