Mouse Tracking Feels Bad (iMac)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Tracking Feels Bad (iMac)

I'm not sure if the issue has been brought up before or not? But aiming is almost impossible for me due to bad mouse tracking. Up and down mouse movement pretty much doesn't work unless you move the mouse supper fast and supper far, it just doesn't feel right. I've tried this on a couple of mice and the same thing happens, I've also tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity in game and the DPI on the mouse. No difference.

My iMac specs

Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    Ram 32 GB DDR3
    Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M 4gb Ram
    OS Mavericks 10.9.5

Mouse iHome laser 1600 DPI (I need a good gaming mouse) But this mouse works just fine on all other versions of UT. Mac Magic mouse feels the same and that only 800 DPI.

Is this a coding problem with the game? I thought I better bring the issue up.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

There have been mouse issues (that have been improved upon greatly), but I don't remember anyone specifically mentioning mac.

Comment

I've only tried it on the mac so far. I will give it a blast on my PC later this week too and see if it's the same.
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

BUMP...

I still have the same issues after the new build. It's pretty much impossible to have accurate aim. Shock combos are out of the question and aiming up and down is impossible. I wonder if any other Mac users are having the same issues.
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Mouse issues

Yes, the mouse is awful, even on MAX sensitivity of 20 the side to side motion is too small, up and down doesnt seem to be the same, so you end up with a skewed x and y movement which is unshootable.

My main gripe since switching to Mac is that NO FPS I have played has usable mouse movement for a twitch shooter. Why is this so hard.
          I have tried SmoothMouse and Mouse Acceleration tweaks and various other "hacks" but its always ****. Can someone pleeeeease figure out how to completely take control of the mouse on Mac and make it awesome to use / fully configurable in game?

I have a SteelSeries Sensi and on Windows im sure this wouldnt be a problem.
          I get similar problems with mouse jumping across the screen in Source Engine on my mac too.

I badly want to play some twitch shooters but without good mouse control its pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by madhavajay View Post
            Yes, the mouse is awful, even on MAX sensitivity of 20 the side to side motion is too small, up and down doesnt seem to be the same, so you end up with a skewed x and y movement which is unshootable.

My main gripe since switching to Mac is that NO FPS I have played has usable mouse movement for a twitch shooter. Why is this so hard.
            I have tried SmoothMouse and Mouse Acceleration tweaks and various other "hacks" but its always ****. Can someone pleeeeease figure out how to completely take control of the mouse on Mac and make it awesome to use / fully configurable in game?

I have a SteelSeries Sensi and on Windows im sure this wouldnt be a problem.
            I get similar problems with mouse jumping across the screen in Source Engine on my mac too.

I badly want to play some twitch shooters but without good mouse control its pointless.
            Glad it's not just me then. I really wanna play UT competitively again, but as it stands it's impossible. I folked out on a very expensive top of the range mac as I'm a music engineen, but I also have high Graphics specs and ram so I could game.

You're right, there must be a way to make the mouse feel and respond the same as it does on a PC. If the guys at Epic could fix this that would be amazing!

So Bump Bump Bump!
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I just tried it on a PC and it works fine. So this is a Mac issue for sure.
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I also get this issue. I thought it might have been the SmoothMouse plugin that emulates windows acceleration acting up but even when it's off, it doesn't help.

Comment

same issue here.

As a long time UT player on PC AND UT 2004 on OS X player, the first thing I noticed while trying out UT 2014 on OS X was that the mouse felt weird, even in sections running at 60fps.
                  Hardware cursor or not doesn't change anything, seems like it fails to work.

I didn't try it on Windows but I bet ya it's gonna work fine.

Other games on OS X are fine, I'm using a Microsoft mouse with Microsoft drivers, which are quite nice because the acceleration on OS X is then almost the same as in Windows, making UT 2004 as easy to play on Windows as OS X.

Now I wish it would be the same about UT 2014 !

Comment

One of the developers back to me on the issue. He said it's an engine problem they need to fix. I can't wait for the fix! my windows PC is to slow to run the game well, but my Mac has more than enough power. And yes... The mouse runs perfect on a PC!

Originally posted by alkar View Post
                    same issue here.

As a long time UT player on PC AND UT 2004 on OS X player, the first thing I noticed while trying out UT 2014 on OS X was that the mouse felt weird, even in sections running at 60fps.
                    Hardware cursor or not doesn't change anything, seems like it fails to work.

I didn't try it on Windows but I bet ya it's gonna work fine.

Other games on OS X are fine, I'm using a Microsoft mouse with Microsoft drivers, which are quite nice because the acceleration on OS X is then almost the same as in Windows, making UT 2004 as easy to play on Windows as OS X.

Now I wish it would be the same about UT 2014 !
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

bump.

This needs to be fixed ASAP or no one will do proper testing on Mac and feedback for Mac will fall behind.

Comment

Originally posted by madhavajay View Post
                        bump.

This needs to be fixed ASAP or no one will do proper testing on Mac and feedback for Mac will fall behind.
                        Improvement work for mouse handling has been done in UE4 main & will be integrated into UT when they next update their branch of UE4 & issue a release. Unfortunately OS X has some pretty fundamental differences to Windows in terms of mouse handling, so you won't always get exactly the same feel as on Windows.

Comment

Noticed something weird today, the mouse feels almost perfect, if not perfect if playing in native rez (1440p) rather than a lower resolution. Since you can decrease visual quality, then you can still get correct FPS.

Still it's pretty complicated to get a steady 60fps on OS X even with a lower rez and almost everything toned down...

Comment

Hey marksatt.

Did you say there was a Mac update in the latest build? If so I don't notice any difference. The engine still isn't picking up the mouse movement very well. Still sluggish and unresponsive when moving the mouse up and down. I'm gonna keep messing with the in game settings to see if anything helps.

Thanks again for all your help! It's VERY much appreciated!

Originally posted by marksatt-pitbull View Post
                            Improvement work for mouse handling has been done in UE4 main & will be integrated into UT when they next update their branch of UE4 & issue a release. Unfortunately OS X has some pretty fundamental differences to Windows in terms of mouse handling, so you won't always get exactly the same feel as on Windows.
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Tried everything I can think of. Still no luck.
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                              X