Unplayable on retina 13' 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplayable on retina 13' 2014

Horrid performance, everything on low. Can't you make a mode for pc's with slower graphic's cards? UT2004 looks just fine and would play on locked 120 fps on this machine for sure, and looking way better than this version with everything on low... What gives?

I have the same machine as you. It is definitely playable for me, but the picture quality is not the best because the game has not been released yet. The frame rates are in the 30s-40s on most maps. I secretly kind of enjoy the retro look and think the graphics are not bad. I have not seen too many artifacts, tearing, etc. Performance in outpost 23 is pretty good; DM-tuba is garbage, etc. I don't think they are targeting laptops with integrated graphics for performance

I would not be looking for pretty pictures at this point. Most of my settings are medium or low and still my fan screams like a banshee. However since this is only my work laptop I don't care too much about games on it. I am considering buying a cheap windows computer to play UT on - or putting windows on an old mac pro I have lying about. I am hoping epic will eventually release new UT for Xbox one If it is possible to release it for xbone for free DL when it gets to beta.

Comment

Working...
    X