Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't package my map with unreal tournament editor!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Can't package my map with unreal tournament editor!

I don't know what is wrong, i save map as with DM- prefix, and I can't cook/package it. Please help

here is log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev3gcojzv3c3zs1/log.txt?dl=0

Bump! Still same error, I don't know whats wrong.

Comment

It looks like your file name is too long.

Couldn't save package, filename is too long :C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Saved/Cooked/DM-Rankin/WindowsNoEditor/UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Rankin-UT2004/DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp_AbaddonArchitecture_Base_bas28go.uasset

The limit is 256, the current path that you are saving to is 282.
      Let me know if you still have this issue after shortening the name/path.

-Frost

Comment

Log has quite a few complains that it cannot resolve the asset to due to path being too long:

Code:
        LogPackageContent: Publishing: UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.10.01-08.50.45:076][  0]LogCook:Display: Cooking /Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Rankin-UT2004/DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp_HumanoidArchitecture_Bases_bas05bHA_Mat -> C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Saved/Cooked/DM-Rankin/WindowsNoEditor/UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Rankin-UT2004/DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp_HumanoidArchitecture_Bases_bas05bHA_Mat
        LogPackageContent: Publishing: .uasset
        LogPackageContent: Publishing: UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.10.01-08.50.45:076][  0]CookResults:Error: Error Couldn't save package, filename is too long: C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Saved/Cooked/DM-Rankin/WindowsNoEditor/UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Rankin-UT2004/DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp_HumanoidArchitecture_Bases_bas05bHA_Mat.uasset
        LogPackageContent: Publishing: UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.10.01-08.50.45:077][  0]LogCook:Error: Couldn't save package, filename is too long :C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor/UnrealTournament/Saved/Cooked/DM-Rankin/WindowsNoEditor/UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Rankin-UT2004/DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp_HumanoidArchitecture_Bases_bas05bHA_Mat.uasset
        It looks like a lot of the assets extracted by UT4 Converter have an extremely long name (the one quote above - DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp_HumanoidArchitecture_Bases_bas05bHA_Mat is 108 chars). With all the folders that you have in your editor dir it exceeds the maximum path length (iirc it's 260 symbols). So you need to rename these assets that have DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp in the name and re-add them.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Shortening the path to the editor can help with that problem too. For example if you install the editor to C:/UT4Ed instead of C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UnrealTournamentEditor it'd work even with that long filename Frost quoted.

That's a really strange filename though, looks like it contains the full path to UT4 converter folders and files on the desktop with slashes replaced by underscores. If you aren't importing the texture and sound files to the game's Content/Maps/MAPNAME folder you should be... Do not use the textures and sounds from where the converter puts them, import them into the editor and use the copies that makes instead.
          Last edited by MoxNix; 10-01-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Thank you guys, i will try to do that! But problem is, I used converter, and it named the files like that so my .t3d can recognize static meshes, you should note people about this in future in tutorial or extendend char limit atleast

Comment

Then try converting it running in the folder that is in the root folder. From what I see you run the converter from a folder on your desktop and that adds a lot to the name. Put the converter folder to the root of another drive, say D: or E: and rename it to be just one letter, so that the path to converter's exe is something like "E:\C\" This alone will reduce the DM-Rankin_Luka_Desktop_UT4-Converter-0_6_0_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp to DM-Rankin_C_Converted_DM-Rankin_Temp - about ~33 chars.
              "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
              - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I run the converter from a desktop folder too and it doesn't produce filenames like that for me. That's why I asked if he's importing them properly, got a hunch he isn't.

If the filename is any indication it looks like he's running a new version (0.60) of the converter, so I suppose it could also be the new version either handles filenames differently or has a bug.
                Last edited by MoxNix; 10-01-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

This is something some of our users have run into when attempting to use CTF-TitanPass assets and they have their editor installed to a deep nested path inside of windows. We've had people report success with deleting and reinstalling to C:\.

Comment

@Epic Frost Sometimes, you can't shorten file name without using programs like Long Path Tool (or similar).

Comment

Long Path Tool may help you in best way.You can try it..

Comment

Working...
                      X