Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editor causes Video Display driver to stop working!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor causes Video Display driver to stop working!

Editor causes Video Display driver to stop working and then Crashes! This is only since the new Build and has never happened before! It happens within 2-5 minutes of using the editor and it doesn't matter what I'm doing , Menus, PIE, Materials, ect. Editor is completely useless at this point and I have tried everything! Including several display drivers and a complete install! 2 days wasted on this!

Code:
    [2016.10.25-01.04.45:611][524]LogTexture:Display: Building textures: T_FX_ColorDistort (AutoDXT)
    [2016.10.25-01.04.56:658][996]LogD3D11RHI:Error: Result failed 
     at D:\Build\++UT+Release-Next+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:267 
     with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
    [2016.10.25-01.04.57:413][996]LogWindows: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
    [2016.10.25-01.05.57:613][996]LogCrashTracker:

Code:
    MachineId:######
    EpicAccountId:######

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UT+Release-Next+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176]
    Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:421]
    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:176]
    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!VerifyD3D11Result() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:225]
    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::PresentChecked() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:269]
    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::Present() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:450]
    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:554]
    UE4Editor_RHI!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1344]
    UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:483]
    UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!TGraphTask<`FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindows_Private'::`35'::EURCMacro_SlateDrawWindowsCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:868]
    UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:932]
    UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:679]
    UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:320]
    UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:441]
    UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build\++ut+release-next+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]
    CPU--Intel Q9450 Quad Core 2.66GHz
    Video Card--EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    DirectX 11 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
    8 Gigs Ram
    Windows 7 with service pack 1
    Last edited by Megasporwic; 10-24-2016, 09:47 PM.
    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

It looks as if my UT Development is over until I either A. I buy a new video card or B. Epic fixes this problem. With this new build 11-10-16 the problem still happens. I cannot add materials to BSP, I cannot edit a Material, I cannot create a Material. Soon as I try I get a immediate crash on my Video driver. Something is wrong with this Engine and I don't think they care to fix it or Help me fix it!
    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Sorry it has taken so long to get in touch. Are you still having this issue? When it crashes, does it give you a crash reporter window? If so, could you fill it out and let me know when you crashed so I can take a deeper look at the crash. If you could put something like FGFennec told me to do this, I can find it even faster.

Comment

Working...
      X