Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help - BSP brush auto-adds objects, How to stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help - BSP brush auto-adds objects, How to stop?

When I drag a BSP brush form the Place>BSP Subtab onto the environment, is there any way to make it so that it doesn't add something in? I ask because... the object is automatically adds is completely selectable, but in no way removable, aside from using the Undo thing.

Just to clarify, the depth of my knowledge is everything in the tutorials aside from the sharing tutorial, the video tutorial with a veteran and... yeah.

Trying to make a new map is indeed rather annoying when you have a random cube and a random cylinder just sitting there, when you could have a weapon, or jump pad instead.

Like... is there a way to set it so a BSP brush will always take you immediately to Geometry editing mode instead of adding a thing?

Also sadly I did not actually search for a similar post. "BSP Auto add" gives nothing really relevant, so I'm sorry if this subject has been discussed before in another thread.
    Last edited by StormyFacade; 03-03-2015, 10:13 PM.
    Working on DM-Norkeep here and there. Will likely expand it into more of a singleplayer Monster Hunt-style map/Map Pack able to also work as a Deathmatch map, and therefore, an Invasion map.

Working on Project Overkill currently.

BSP/CSG is automatically added so you can change the builder directly. If that brush is selected, and you hit the delete key, you only have to build the Geometry again. Should be something like Shift+Ctrl+B.
    It is also shown on the tutorial "Build a bridge":
    https://learn.unrealtournament.com/t...map02-geometry

Not sure about if that auto-adding can be disabled.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

You can enable "Update BSP Automatically" which also re-builds the related geometry if you delete the brush.
      Edit > Editor preferences > Level Editor > Miscellaneous > Update BSP Automatically
      Attached Files
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
      X