Can't seem to move objects correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't seem to move objects correctly

So, I got the Unreal Editor the other day and as much as I've tried to figure out things for myself, I have literally gotten nowhere.

Basically, I can't seem to move things around the axis properly. with Place mode selected, I select a BSP brush or Static Mesh, hold CTRL and try to move them using mouse direction + Left or Right mouse buttons, they often move in the correct direction but the movement is not very fluid, it moves a little bit and gets stuck where I can't move it any farther, sometimes it jumps suddenly down the axis and there's no way to place it in-between. if I don't hold CTRL, I can still move objects using left mouse button but it's also similarly un-fluid. using geomerty mode seems to work correctly but it's a pain to build anything with out being able to just move things around.

Am I doing something wrong? maybe there's some setting I've overlooked?
    Is it suppose to be like this? or maybe it's a bug?

I'm pretty confused and a little frustrated that this should be easy. I've built maps for UT99/UT2k4/UT3 so I have experience using previous versions, but I'm at a loss here.

I took the tutorial at https://learn.unrealtournament.com/t...map02-geometry and cannot get the brush to move past the hazard stripes to align anything, well, that's not exactly true, It sort of snaps to the opposite side if I keep pretending it's moving (see pictures below). I could finish the tutorial, but it was more painful than the video. if feels like something is broken in the editor

In the first pic, you can see where I placed the BSP box and where the brush currently sits. that is as far as I could move it in that direction until it suddenly snapped to where it is in the second pic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Necron99; 03-05-2015, 12:38 PM.

Does nobody have an idea what's happening? Something isn't right....

Comment

You should make a video of that.

But you can move the object with Shift as well which moves the camera along your mouse movement:
      [Shift]+[Ctrl]+(LMB) + Moving

Or using the widget.
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
        You should make a video of that.

But you can move the object with Shift as well which moves the camera along your mouse movement:
        [Shift]+[Ctrl]+(LMB) + Moving

Or using the widget.
        Thanks for the reply. I tried [Shift]+[Ctrl]+(LMB) + Moving and got the same results.

Sorry for the crappy Bandicam, but hopefully you get the gist of what's happening

Comment

When you use the widget (clicking on one arrow of the Red-Green-Blue-Arrow-Thingy), you don't need [Ctrl].

Disable Vertex Snapping:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4VertexSnapping.png
Views:	1
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	334982
          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            When you use the widget (clicking on one arrow of the Red-Green-Blue-Arrow-Thingy), you don't need [Ctrl].

Disable Vertex Snapping:
            Thanks for that! that is exactly what was wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X