Epic Games Launcher installer doesn't open on Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Games Launcher installer doesn't open on Windows Vista

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64, with SP2 and all updates, and the installer for the EG Launcher doesn't open or do anything when I double-click the exe.

Same problem here, though it's an msi not an exe. To be specific it's EpicGamesLauncherInstaller-2.5.0-2693255.msi. Fortunately I was able to install it on my Windows 10 laptop and copy the installed files over to my gaming rig (the one running Vista) and the launcher is working fine, just waiting for the game to download at the moment.

Comment

The minimum requirement for the UE4 and the launcher is Windows 7. It won't run on Vista.
      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
        The minimum requirement for the UE4 and the launcher is Windows 7. It won't run on Vista.
        Well that can't be true, it runs fine on Vista for me (Vista Ultimate x64), just finished playing a game of CTF without any issues. The only issue I've had was that it wouldn't start the installer, both launcher and game work perfectly as far as I'm concerned. Though TBH it's probably just another case of not "officially" supporting it, I've yet to see any games that don't run on Vista, most that say they require 7 still work fine on Vista since it's pretty much the same OS underneath.

Comment

I am running Windows Vista. What I did is copying the Epic folder to my hard drive from my laptop. But once i start the UnrealTournament.exe in the UnrealTournamentDev Folder, it says my windows is not supported....
          What can I do to make it run? PLEASE someone help me

Comment

Originally posted by Flowzen View Post
            I am running Windows Vista. What I did is copying the Epic folder to my hard drive from my laptop. But once i start the UnrealTournament.exe in the UnrealTournamentDev Folder, it says my windows is not supported....
            What can I do to make it run? PLEASE someone help me
            You cant just do that. Installing a game creates a lot more files and system registry edits than what you find just in the Epic folder. You need to use the installer for the game to install properly, its a bit more complicated than solitaire.
            PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
              You cant just do that. Installing a game creates a lot more files and system registry edits than what you find just in the Epic folder. You need to use the installer for the game to install properly, its a bit more complicated than solitaire.
              Installer will not start on Windows Vista. But thanks for your unbelievably friendly help. If there is someone out there who can in fact help me, I would be thankful.

Comment

wtf it dowsent work

Comment

I have got windows ten. I manage to install epic games launcher but then I a not able to open it. Pease may someone help me find a way round this.

Comment

plz do something i want to play fortnite on vista

Comment

I can´t play Fortnite on Windows Vista can someone help me ?

Comment

me too please help

Comment

Originally posted by uRaze.F View Post
                          I can´t play Fortnite on Windows Vista can someone help me ?
                          you need to install windows 7 service pack2008 64 bitto play easy download and its free

Comment

Originally posted by OJBurning1 View Post
                            I have got windows ten. I manage to install epic games launcher but then I a not able to open it. Pease may someone help me find a way round this.
                            i got the sam problem

Comment

I have windows 7 home premium 32 bit so how do I download?

Comment

Working...
                              X