Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bind bug

Hi!

So i rebinded my controls, worked fine for a few mins, then all of a sudden my shock rifle button, started to act like a taunt button, and since then im not able to bind it at all.
    Changed a few lines in the input file, in the config in UT directory, but didnt solve nothing, well managed to get rid of the taunt thing, but still cant bind to it.

Ideas what to do? I mean sure, the shock rifle is weak nowadays, but still better than nothing so i'd prefer using it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Sulaco,
    Try reseting to default controls and delete your saved folder. Rebind your keys to the way you would like them configured. If prompted about a duplicate key bindings select clear dupes as having multiple actions to the same binding can cause issues. Let me know if this resolves your issue.
    Thanks,
    WhiteGumby

Comment

WhiteGumby,

Thank you for your reply! I alrdy tried those things before, didnt work. However i cracked it via clear all settings option. So its okay now.
      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Comment

I've had a keybinding problem for a long time. I'm trying to customize the controls for the official Xbox 360 controller, but it seems that whatever the default binds are set to it will always stay on top of the new binds I've made. For example by default, weapon switching is set to shoulder buttons, single tap dodge is set to the "X" button, jump is set to "A" button and toggle crouch is set to "B" button. Even if I set new actions for those buttons, the default binds stay active on top of the new binds. So if say I set "B" to switch to next weapon, it will switch to next weapon and crouch at the same time.

I've gone and manually edited the input.ini to remove these default binds, invert the gamepad y-axis, and change the thumbstick sensitivities, but every time I launch the game the changes I made in the ini automatically get reverted back to the defaults. I've tried setting the controls back to default in game, using the clear all data function in game and even erasing the save folder. I've even tried setting the input.ini file as read only after manually editing it, but the game still somehow loads up the default bindings on top of what I've customized. I can't figure this out.
        Last edited by Nation Uprise; 09-17-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X