Unable to Install Epic Games Launcher on Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Install Epic Games Launcher on Windows 10

Whenever I try to install the Launcher, I get an error that says "another installation is in progress"
    I tried restarting my computer, doing the msi run command, and re-downloading in case of a corrupt download but those did not help with installing the launcher
    I would like to know if there is another way to install the launcher/UT4 or if there is a zip somewhere
    Screenshot link: http://imgur.com/ZeoZqrE

I wouldn't suggest doing that, cause it seems like your windows is corrupted, have you tried running it as administrator?

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
      I wouldn't suggest doing that, cause it seems like your windows is corrupted, have you tried running it as administrator?
      Yes I tried running it as an administrator and I am still getting the same issue.
      I think my windows is corrupted because when I upgraded to Windows 10 I had problems with the OS for 2 days then it became normal, so you might be right about my windows being corrupted.

Comment

im also having this issue and idk what to do to fix it.

Comment

Try to run this tool:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

Reboot your computer and try again.

RKill is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections. When RKill runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were terminated while the program was running.

Comment

tengo un problema al iniciar el laucher de epicgames , el problema es que le doy doble click o lo abro como administrador y e programa no se abre

Comment

Epic games Gmail me please bobbycodjoe2;gmail.com please fix the issue anytime I will go to the icon on my desktop it will not load for some reason and whenever I troubleshoot the program it will say Windows-8 and it will not work for some reason and I don't know why I have Windows 10 may you please make a windows10 version please I heard the Game is sooo good and so I wanna play thank you.

Comment

Windows 10 is not anable for fortnite

Comment

Hey bro resently I was also having this problem but found a really easy for it

Open task Manager and then end the program named windows installer and then u must be fine installing

Comment

Just had a similar problem with the installer failing, and freezing the launcher (and whatever it was launched from, e.g. the browser download window, or windows folder). Right clicking and selecting 'install' worked fine though...my blind guess would be admin privledges / Windows Defender getting in the way.

Comment

noah11hyper Actually it is - I've been on it in windows 10 before but I uninstalled it and now I can't get it back

Comment

It doesn't work, I've tried uninstalling and installing multiple times. It is also 2019 so I can't do any of the tutorials because they are from 2018. Please help

Comment

i had the same problem but here is how i fixed the problem. first i opened up task manager and i closed all windows installer task. then i unintallrd my nvidia graphics drivers and nvidia app or install things next to it. then i restarted my computer and reinstalled nvidia graphics drivers and perform the clean install by checkeing the button before hitting install. after that i opened the epic installer and it worked fine from there.

Comment

Working...
                          X