Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT install keeps looping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UT install keeps looping

    Doing an install of UT through the Epic Launcher and the download, install, and verify completes ok then it just loops back to downloading and starts the whole process again. Anyone else seen this behavior or have any thoughts? Has worked fine on previous builds.

    -Chris

    #2
    I'm having the same issue.. any help would be appreciated.

    Comment


      #3
      Hey folks,

      We have some reports of this but have struggled to rero it. Additional infoi would be great.

      You can first check this page: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Troubl...ncher_Problems

      If that doesn't help visit the UE Answerhub, installation and support page, to post your launcher logs:

      https://answers.unrealengine.com/spa...g-started.html

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Adam Schrader View Post
        Hey folks,

        We have some reports of this but have struggled to rero it. Additional infoi would be great.

        You can first check this page: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Troubl...ncher_Problems

        If that doesn't help visit the UE Answerhub, installation and support page, to post your launcher logs:

        https://answers.unrealengine.com/spa...g-started.html
        Both of those links go no where.

        Comment


          #5
          After a buddy of mine encountered the same problem and after lookover, the following helped for him.
          This is on a windows install pc.
          • After downloading the game let the launcher verify run up to 99% then pause it.
          • Navigate to your UT install location pak file (x:/Epic Games/UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament/Content/Paks/UnrealTournament-WindowsNoEditor.pak) folder and set to read only.
          • Save a UTGame.bat file in the UT install folder and launch from there.

          This will not fix your launcher from looping the download but it should allow you to play the game.
          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-04-2016, 02:13 PM. Reason: 3-31-16 build loop
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by CreatorofWorlds View Post
            Doing an install of UT through the Epic Launcher and the download, install, and verify completes ok then it just loops back to downloading and starts the whole process again. Anyone else seen this behavior or have any thoughts? Has worked fine on previous builds.

            -Chris
            Same exact issue. I've tried uninstalling, cleaning the registry, reverting to older video drivers. No luck. Please help.

            This started because ut was randomly crashing, (no logs).
            I uninstalled ut and launcher, ran ccleaner, rebooted.
            Now it's stuck in the above loop.
            Last edited by KillEmAll; 01-18-2016, 12:04 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

              Be good friends.

              Comment


                #8
                Also getting this issue, it finishes the download, gets to installing and then instantly says something like "file corruption occurred" and restarts the download.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Barktooth,
                  Have you tried closing the launcher then reattempting to download?

                  Thanks,
                  WhiteGumby

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by WhiteGumby View Post
                    Barktooth,
                    Have you tried closing the launcher then reattempting to download?

                    Thanks,
                    WhiteGumby
                    I have tried:

                    Closing the launcher and restarting and re-downloading

                    Uninstalling launcher, deleting Epicsomething folder in AppData, ProgramData, Program Files (x86), and deleting the UT folder in Program Files, then restarting my computer, re-downloading/installing the launcher, re-downloading the game.

                    Setting DownloadChunks (or whatever it's called) in Engine.ini to 3, and then to 1.

                    Disabling real time scanning in Windows Defender

                    Disabling Data Execution Prevention

                    Problem remains.

                    Edit: after above steps it doesn't say file corrupted anymore, it actually goes through the install and verify phase, then when it gets to 100% it says Resuming for half a second and restarts the download from the beginning.

                    Edit: and I've had this problem since probably 10 builds ago, it just started happening all of a sudden for some reason. Never did resolve it but I just used the standalone 32-bit builds which were available until now.

                    Edit: launcher logs if you need them: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip
                    Last edited by Barktooth; 02-02-2016, 03:09 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have the same issue with the current build. I posted it as a bug in the forums.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Okay, well, while this issue is getting fixed I actually figured out a workaround short of reinstalling Windows! For those of you having the same problem, you can try this:

                        First, do the following:
                        Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                        Uninstalling launcher, deleting Epicsomething folder in AppData, ProgramData, Program Files (x86), and deleting the UT folder in Program Files, then restarting my computer, re-downloading/installing the launcher, re-downloading the game.
                        Then, download the game through the launcher again, and it should actually get through the verifying stage now rather than starting over the download the moment it finishes. When it does get to verifying, pause it, and navigate to the folder where you installed the game. Copy the UnrealTournamentDev folder somewhere else (can't move it as the files are still in use by the launcher) (or you can just make it read-only in properties, and then the launcher won't be able to delete it). Now you can just cancel the installation in the launcher, which will delete those files, but you already have a copy of them! Now you can go to the copied folder and create a shortcut of UE4-Win64-Shipping.exe, then right click the shortcut and hit properties, and under Target add "unrealtournament" without quotes at the end of the field. Click OK and now you have a shortcut to start the game from, successfully bypassing the launcher.
                        Last edited by Barktooth; 06-23-2016, 04:12 AM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                          Okay, well, while this issue is getting fixed I actually figured out a workaround short of reinstalling Windows! For those of you having the same problem, you can try this:

                          First, do the following:


                          Then, download the game through the launcher again, and it should actually get through the verifying stage now rather than starting over the download the moment it finishes. When it does get to verifying, pause it, and navigate to the folder where you installed the game. Copy the UnrealTournamentDev folder somewhere else (can't move it as the files are still in use by the launcher). Now you can just cancel the installation in the launcher, which will delete those files, but you already have a copy of them! Now you can go to the copied folder and create a shortcut of UE4-Win64-Shipping.exe, then right click the shortcut and hit properties, and under Target add "unrealtournament" without quotes at the end of the field. Click OK and now you have a shortcut to start the game from, successfully bypassing the launcher.
                          Not a bad solution. Just wanted to mention that today they updated the launcher. So it actually installed this time, however it took like 3 hours.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by AlBuhndy View Post
                            Not a bad solution. Just wanted to mention that today they updated the launcher. So it actually installed this time, however it took like 3 hours.
                            Yeah, I tried downloading it again after the update when that came out but it was still looping the download over and over. I probably downloaded the game 15 times over before finally figuring out the above workaround.. Hopefully I don't reach my data cap this month lol

                            Comment


                              #15
                              i got also this issue

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X