Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Games Launcher crash

Hello, I need some help.

Epic Games Launcher crashes within 1 second of launching. The crash had only started after the latest update.

I have tried several things on my end and found no solutions. I have tried reinstalling the Epic Games Launcher and the crash still occurs. Tried updating Nividia and it had not helped. Tried reinstalling windows updates. Tried uninstalling/ reinstalling other programs and it had not helped.

Have run launcher with '-debuglogging' and 'dxdiag', please see dropbox links for information.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0ip42rfnr...OgVcmXpPa?dl=0 (removed, issue fixed)

I would appreciate any help, if anyone can read it and point me in the right direction.
    Last edited by HyperShot; 12-22-2015, 10:26 AM.

Issue resolved, guess no help required after-all. The issue was caused by left over files from uninstalled Ad-Ware Free from Lavasoft (JUNK-WARE). I can now launch Epic games launcher without a hiccup and no crashes. If anyone else finds the Epic Games launcher crashing and had installed Lavasoft only once, good luck, may as well do a clean windows install!

Last edited by HyperShot; 12-21-2015, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Hi there, I'm having the exact same problem only I can't find anything from Lavasoft. Would you mind letting me know the steps you took to determine it was caused by Ad-aware, or was it just trial and error? Also did you actually have to re-install windows as part of your fix?

Comment

Hi luminate3d

I will do my best to answer you.

Would you mind letting me know the steps you took to determine it was caused by Ad-aware, or was it just trial and error?

I can give you some information. To be clear, I had not used Lavasoft products for over a year.

It was strange to find Lavasoft files in the Epics Logs folder, so Obviously Lavasoft had left over a few DLL files.

Found LavasoftTcpService64.dll in Report.wer from AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Logs

Version=1
        EventType=APPCRASH
        EventTime=130950663728849961
        ReportType=2
        Consent=4
        ReportIdentifier=9040e4f5-a6e2-11e5-9ba4-c860000a7dc9
        Response.type=4
        Sig[0].Name=Application Name
        Sig[0].Value=UE4-EpicGamesLauncher
        Sig[1].Name=Application Version
        Sig[1].Value=2.8.1
        Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
        Sig[2].Value=567084a8
        Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
        Sig[3].Value=LavasoftTcpService64.dll

I had found more Lavasoft traces in windows registry, and system32 folder. I removed all the traces and Files, and now Epic games Launcher works fine.

Do not want to specify these steps as it can wreck windows. However, I found this from Microsoft, a similar answer and maybe it can be of some use to you too.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bc31fc6?auth=1

I am sorry I cannot be of more help. It is very difficult to remove the left over files. To be clear, I had managed but some people may find it easier to reinstall windows.
        Last edited by HyperShot; 12-22-2015, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Looks like Lavasoft leaves a few hooks in the system after it "uninstalls.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

i have some problem. please heelp

Comment

the solution is the next:

the problem happens regularly when we are downloading or updating the game and we close it. trying to open it will give the appcrash error. Since the launcher is still running, they should go to task manager and finish that process. and run the launcher again.

there are many reasons for it to throw appcrash. Cheers!

Comment

I am so done, Ive reinstalled the game and launcher ive debugged it. Ive been through all the files processes. Im losing my mind. Ive found no traces of lavasoft. Please help

Comment

If I open Fortnite in the Epic Games launcher after a few seconds while opening it, it will close by itself and a message popping up saying "We have detected a crash, so we closed the application" I try again and delete a few things but still doesnt work, Please help, would very appreciated.

Comment

Hi, when I start Epic Games Launcher it quickly said "There been multiple crashes want help from the epic games help center

Comment

yeah, so i was trying to move my fortnite and epicgames files to a different drive and since i downloaded epicgames back, it will open up anywhere from a second or 2 to 5 or 6 seconds and i cant reinstall fortnite because of it. someone help please. it would be much appreciated. it is getting very frustrating on me.

Comment

I get kicked out of the game when I fire a rocket or start firing weapons... or the opponent fires at me.... how to fix this??

Comment

Working...
                        X