Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck permanently and forever on "Installing DirectX" (LOL?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck permanently and forever on "Installing DirectX" (LOL?)

Trying to install this game. The installer doesn't get far before it goes into stupid town. It will start installing Direct X despite the fact I already have it, except it doesn't install Dirext X. The installer just sits there picking its nose on "Installing Direct X" I let it sit for 10 hours, came home and the installer didn't lift a finger.

Originally posted by moshmaNNN View Post
    Trying to install this game. The installer doesn't get far before it goes into stupid town. It will start installing Direct X despite the fact I already have it, except it doesn't install Dirext X. The installer just sits there picking its nose on "Installing Direct X" I let it sit for 10 hours, came home and the installer didn't lift a finger.
    Launcher should ask you for administrative prvileges, did you allow that? If this doesn't help, try the answer at the bottom of this post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...x-install.html

As to why - this is what Steam does every time you launch a new game - it installs DX as well. This is because a lot of Windows OS (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10) don't have DirectX 9 libriaries installed by default. What this DirectX installer does is adds these. Without these the Windows will say that it has "DirectX 10"/"DirectX 11"/"DirectX 12" installed, but the games that require any earlier libriaries will fail.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Restart your computer if you haven't yet.
      The d3dx9_39.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.
      make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the game to run.
      or
      Even some of them have solved this error by following the steps listed below:

Go to” C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects”
      Delete the Folder called “lol_launcher“
      Relaunch League of Legends
      Patcher will download a new “lol_launcher”
      On this website, they provide solutions for this error
      https://www.errorsolutions.tech/erro...directx-error/

Comment

bro iz epic games

Comment

Working...
        X