No announcement yet.

Server browsing gets no response or very latent responses but I can still play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Server browsing gets no response or very latent responses but I can still play

Summary:
    Server browsing gets no response or very latent responses but I can still get into hubs and play, Abs Elimination very latent but default gamemodes are not.

Version:
    2.12.17-3253909+++Portal+Release-Live

Operating System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit [Version 6.1.7601]

Description:
    This issue started after I turned off my computer for the night and then tried to play the following evening after turning it on.

Server browsing is suddenly not working correctly. If I hit refresh on the browser nothing will show for a long time and then eventually I might get some showing pings around 7000+ ms but it will still allow me to connect slowly. If I direct connect I can see the hub users/chat but I get blocked by "connecting..." popup forever. If I hit cancel too soon it loses connection to the HUB. Sometimes it goes away after a long time. If I wait awhile and hit cancel then I can make a game and I see my normal ping. Exiting back to HUB takes a good 15-30 secs and then start match button takes another 15-30 secs to show. I can bypass most of my issues with party join to a game in progress. Once I am actually ingame my ping is fine for default UT modes. One morning about 8 of us played FFA just fine and then as soon as we all switched to Absolute Elimination I had 300-1000ms ping. I have tested with 1v1 this morning on elimination and see normal ping.

My issue seems very similar to this post and I have used Networx for a month: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...localhost-game

I have been playing for about 2 years without issue. I have 7mbit/.5mbit DSL and really haven't been torrenting or anything pushing the connection so I don't immediately suspect ISP interference as this game is pretty low bandwidth as well.

Another strange thing is I am the 2nd person in my clan to have this issue. The other hasn't played for months because of it. His issues are exactly like mine except he also has huge pings and delay in game every time and its unplayable.

In launcher log I see this:
    [2017.01.20-14.22.32:422][112]LogOnline:Error: MCP: Unable to query Price Engine, offers will not have any sales/discounts applied
    The launcher & gameplay logs are attached.

Troubleshooting Done:
    -Ran speedtests, connection barely in use, noticing 0 difference in anything else I do
    -Uninstalled Networx as a percaution
    -Disable firewall, antivirus, port forward 1-10000 to me
    -Different UT4 account
    -Restore 2 week old backup files to program files and appdata
    -different Windows user account
    -Change DNS servers
    -Used netcat for Windows/Linux to test making both a TCP and UDP PC>Remote Server and vice versa using arbitrary port 7879, was able to connect and output chat on both sides in all 4 tests.
    -Looked at logs, they show TIMEOUT errors trying to connect to various HUBs on various ports
    -Tried disabling almost all ethernet adapter services, making sure there was only 1 ethernet adapter enabled
    -netsh winsock reset / reboot

Steps to Reproduce:
    Unknown

RESULT:
    Cannot sufficiently navigate UT4 anymore
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ransom8316075924; 01-20-2017, 01:27 PM.
    AKA ||Ransom from Absolute clan.
    I have a WIP map. DM-Mosnar on Absolute Atlanta Hub

Here's some images to illustrate what I am saying:

I get this but can ever-so-slowly connect to the HUB:
    (See sss1 attachment)

Then I can make/join a game and play, ping is fine:
    (See sss2 attachment)

I found another full elimination game today, worked fine:
    (See sss3 attachment)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ransom8316075924; 01-20-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Having another clan member with the exact same problem is a bit strange.

It does seem like something is blocking the traffic. Is there any other programs that you've installed since you joined the clan?

Try closing everything you can down and see if it makes any use.

You could also try adding your IP as your routers DMZ and turn off your firewall to see if it allows the traffic.
      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Edited in another SS from today, was able to play a big elimination game with no issues.

@Smurgul I really didn't think DMZ help as it typically doesn't when networking problems happen to me, especially since I did that massive port forward and I know the ports that should be in use... but I knew someone was gonna mention and I tried. Now I am getting hub pings back but they are still really high. Navigation has increased from dreadfully slow to slowly navigable...wth? What traffic was I missing? I did soft reset my router/modem... maybe my router is jacked up.

I did try running under another user account before which would eliminate all user stuff... now I'm thinking maybe the router is messing up or this was just lucky coincidence things started working better. I will wake up and see later.

The other guy who has the issue isn't 100% the same, even if he crawls his way ingame his ping is impossibly high and he is warpy. There might be some partial traffic shaping from AT&T on his end.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ransom8316075924; 01-20-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Well I completely reset my equipment and it fixed the issue. I was getting bad general Internet bandwidth tonight. I figured it was night time ISP congestion or something. A simple reboot was not enough. This is what I get for ignoring standard troubleshooting procedure... ugh...

Reconfigured everything the same way and it works now. Very odd. I guess that makes it likely the other guy just has ISP issues if not equipment issues.

Can consider this solved I think.

Comment

TThe good old off and on trick. What would the IT world be like without it!?
            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Working...
            X