recommended driver version upon startup doesn't exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommended driver version upon startup doesn't exist

'the installed version of the NVidia graphics driver has known issues.
    please update to the latest driver version.

NVidia GeForce gtx 260
    installed: 342.01
    recommended: 375.70'

I asked NVidia & they said the 342.01 is the latest driver for the graphics card.
    then they said perhaps they were trying to say use a different graphics card, such as a more newer one that can use the recommended driver (but misleading is what is it).

it isn't that the game won't run, as I managed to get an 18:3 (or 18:5) k/d ratio playing the single player tutorials.

Same issue - but with Quadro FX 1800 grapics card

just checking to see if you have a solution for this problem - I am having exactly the same issue - any help or advice would be great!!

Originally posted by anwaypasible View Post
    'the installed version of the NVidia graphics driver has known issues.
    please update to the latest driver version.

NVidia GeForce gtx 260
    installed: 342.01
    recommended: 375.70'

I asked NVidia & they said the 342.01 is the latest driver for the graphics card.
    then they said perhaps they were trying to say use a different graphics card, such as a more newer one that can use the recommended driver (but misleading is what is it).

it isn't that the game won't run, as I managed to get an 18:3 (or 18:5) k/d ratio playing the single player tutorials.

Comment

It's a problem with Nvidia's legacy driver support; they are old and aren't being updated regularly. Your GFX card is old and support is disappearing which happens with old hardware.

Using a newer card would allow you to use a non-legacy driver (the latest driver is 378.66); Nvidia aren't being misleading...the GTX260 is from 2009 and is too old to support the features in the latest drivers.

You need to talk to Nvidia, not Epic.
      My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

I have the same problem but i found the driver 370.70 and the problem now is that the nvidia setup tool doesn't allow the installation cause it didn't detect any compatible graphic hardware. so now my question is how to force the pc to install the driver. the driver is here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/110603/en-us
        direct link of the donwload here: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ional-whql.exe
        drivers,driver,nvidia,download,geforce,nforce,quadro,tesla,cuda,download,developer

Comment

If the exe can be unpacked with the likes of 7zip, as most nv driver exe can, then you can probably still manually install the driver through windows device manager instead of using setup exe. This means you may still have to install some of the helper apps individually as has been necessary for some of nvidia's eol products/software in the past with windows os. (stuff like nview where we had to unzip quadro driver package to install for consumer card, etc.)

Comment

Working...
          X