Error "0xc000007b"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error "0xc000007b"

Hi guys, congrats for the good work, I can't wait for the final version Meanwhile I was trying to play the pre-alpha, and this error occurs when I try to launch the game: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
    Now, I know that this is a very common error among multiple types of applications, but I don't know how to solve it in this particular case.
    Thank you so much for the help ^^ (Ps. I've already downloaded the packages for Virtual Studio 2013 but nothing happened).
    (PPS. I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum for that request, if I've posted in the uncorrect section, I apologize ).

In order for anyone to be able to help you, please provide the following information, if possible:

Operating system and type (ie-Windows 7 64-bit)
    Processor (example:Intel i7-4770)
    Video card and driver build version
    Amount of system memory
    DirectX version
    UT Pre-Alpha Build name (to make sure you have the current build)
    Visual C++ 2013 redistributables and which directory(s) you installed them in (I accidentally said Visual Studio, which you do not need to have installed)
    Last edited by Crotale; 08-22-2014, 05:52 PM.
    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Check DirectX
      Check .NET framework
      Check drivers

gg

Comment

I did what most have suggested allready and out of frustration I tried to launch the game with the Unreal Launcher and suddenly the game started working for me. Not really sure why but I'm not complaining

Edit: Speaking about this Launcher.
        https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...eedback-Thread
        ~ Benoyd ~

Comment

Ok sorry So i got:

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
          Intel i5 - 3450 3.10 Ghz
          Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 (Driver version: 9.18.13.1422)
          8 Gb Ram
          DirectX 11
          UnrealTournament-XAN-2261617-Win64
          Visual Studio 2013 Distributables 12.0.21005

I'm actually trying to start the game with UT Launcher but nothing, the same error occurs

Comment

One very possible player here is the Visual C++ redistributables may not have installed correctly. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, making sure you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed beforehand.
            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

hi

I have the same problem : 0xc000007b error with or without the last launcher and the last build.
              Intalling reinstalling ....visual c ++ x86 x64 2013 But same error
              i have visual c ++ x86 x64 2013, 2012 , 2010, 2008 et 2005 ( x86 et x64 for all )
              I have Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1 with last update, net framework 4.5.2 , 4.5.1 ( french ) ,1.1
              Hardware : intel i5 650 @3.20ghz 3.84ghz , 8 giga RAM , gigabyte nvidia 550TI with last driver 340.52 , DirectX 11
              Virtual memory in hard disk d: 5144 mo mini 5144mo maxi 512/512 on c:
              i have only that : UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2267662-Win64 and utlauncher 0.2.6
              chkdsk c: /f /r OK
              sfc /verifyonly OK

pls help me

Comment

Lankou, did you install the Visual C++ Redistributables as Administrator? If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Redistributables as Administrator.

Comment

hi crotale
                  yup, i ve install the Visual C++ Redistributables as Administrator
                  Other thing, in this forum,some1 said it was not necessary to have UE4 for test the pre-alpha.
                  i ve only UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2267662-Win64 and utlauncher 0.2.6 and UT2004 (my UT2004 run fine ^^ )
                  thx for help

Comment

UT2004 has entirely different requirements (DX8, VC2003 [or so] runtimes, etc., all 32 bit), which are installed or upgraded by the UT2004 setup. Pointing out that UT2004 works is a bit like pointing out that your neighbor's VW Beatle works as it should, while your Porsche won't start.
                    <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                    <TNSe> nono
                    <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                    <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                    <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                    <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

re

With Dwalker :

for Unrealtournament.exe :
                      [ E ] => [ E ] c:\windows\system32\X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL
                      [ E ] c:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.DLL
                      [ E ] c:\windows\system32\XAPOFX1_5.DLL
                      [ ! ] nothing
                      [ !6] nothing

for UTlauncher

[ E ] c:\windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.DLL this error in lots of places , all the time this dll

[ ! ] nothing
                      [ !6] nothing

Comment

hi
                        nobody can help me after seen this errors in DWalker ?
                        a good link for directx 11 ? pergaps my directx is ****d ^^

Comment

Have you tried reinstalling DirectX and its updates?

Comment

i search a good link for download and réinstall directx

Comment

I actually had this same problem on windows 7 ultimate edition, it was the redistributables and the fact that you may have installed both the 64 bit and the 32 bit versions which mess up the .dll files from your "sysWOW32" folder that are tied to the redistributable (there are like 5 different dll files). I would uninstall all of them and only install the redistributables that pertain to your system and see if that works. I never got mine fixed but I found it was the problem, I have since moved to windows 8.1 so I don't have that problem anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X