my issue with ut4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my issue with ut4

sry if this isnt the right place, feel free to move, but ive been a long time ut fan, been playin for about 10 years, mainly 99 but fairly recently starting to prefer 2k4 over 99, and have tried ut3, thats just a little on my background, now onto my problem. I decided to try this pre alpha version of ut4, y not, and it took me a while to figure out how to install, i tried putting it in folders like ut3 did, i tried a few other things, but did finally figure out just to drop ut and engine folder inside the main drive, nice and simple, but now i have another issue. I can boot up the game, see the level, nice, nice, but for some reason i cant fire weapons without it crashing, i was able to shoot off 3 alt fire flaks out b4 it crashed, but other than that one bullet from the sniper or enforcer and it goes right to the crash. I didnt have too high of hopes as im trying to play this game with a laptop with intel intergrated hd 3000 graphic, so if thats the reason, it makes sense , other than that i suppose i may have just installed it wrong, i didnt see any installation readmes on the install page or in the zip, so i had to wing it and wouldnt be surprised if that were the issue ether. Im making this post on a different pc than im trying to play, so i havent brought over the error message yet, if u guys need it i can get it. Sry if this has already been reported and fixed, if you could link me to that post would help, but if not, any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
    Freezes: shock primary, rocket launcher, flak ball, enforcer
    Doesnt Freeze: sniper zoom, link gun, shock ball, flak primary, bio, machine gun
    Last edited by EvolutionZero; 08-23-2014, 08:43 PM.

Originally posted by EvolutionZero View Post
    sry if this isnt the right place, feel free to move, but ive been a long time ut fan, been playin for about 10 years, mainly 99 but fairly recently starting to prefer 2k4 over 99, and have tried ut3, thats just a little on my background, now onto my problem. I decided to try this pre alpha version of ut4, y not, and it took me a while to figure out how to install, i tried putting it in folders like ut3 did, i tried a few other things, but did finally figure out just to drop ut and engine folder inside the main drive, nice and simple, but now i have another issue. I can boot up the game, see the level, nice, nice, but for some reason i cant fire weapons without it crashing, i was able to shoot off 3 alt fire flaks out b4 it crashed, but other than that one bullet from the sniper or enforcer and it goes right to the crash. I didnt have too high of hopes as im trying to play this game with a laptop with intel intergrated hd 3000 graphic, so if thats the reason, it makes sense , other than that i suppose i may have just installed it wrong, i didnt see any installation readmes on the install page or in the zip, so i had to wing it and wouldnt be surprised if that were the issue ether. Im making this post on a different pc than im trying to play, so i havent brought over the error message yet, if u guys need it i can get it. Sry if this has already been reported and fixed, if you could link me to that post would help, but if not, any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    There is a thread for the current build, so yeah, this type of stuff should go in there. That said, an HD3000 is just not going to cut it with UE4. I had a friend that barely got UT3 working on an HD4000 so the 3000 is asking too much probably.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
      There is a thread for the current build, so yeah, this type of stuff should go in there. That said, an HD3000 is just not going to cut it with UE4. I had a friend that barely got UT3 working on an HD4000 so the 3000 is asking too much probably.
      ya i can tell it will be iffy if i get it working, but i am able to play ut3 on it on low settings, but not rly bad. But ya if an admin wants to move my post im fine with that

Comment

It's a pre-alpha state... so I wouldn't take any crashes you experience as indicative of the final product.
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

oh i know, but i dont think anyone else is having this issue

Comment

Originally posted by EvolutionZero View Post
            oh i know, but i dont think anyone else is having this issue
            I have the same issue with the latest build.
            Well, I haven't tried with as much weapons as you. But enforcer and shock primary crash the game for me too.

Haven't looked hard for a solution for now. I will see if this problem persists in the next build.

Comment

ok, then i will follow, no problem

Comment

Hello fragger's

Same issue here , guess it's DirectX compatibility issue cause my Graphic card may be old but can handle recent games in medium or more (NVidia GTX 295) but didn't not support DX11.

An other lead is my mouse RAT 7 MMO and I remenber having issues while installing Ubuntu as she was not reconized.

Comment

Same thing happening here and my gpu is Nvidia gtx 285. I was able to play earlier build just fine.

Comment

I don't know what you define by recent, but I can't imagine an Nvidia 2xx anything running BattleField 4 in medium at 1920x1080.

Comment

idk if the developers check this thread, but just in case, i recommend renaming the file from "unrealtournament" cause alot of ppl that installed this and still have 99 install could have issues, most ppl name their ut99 folder ether "UnrealTournament" or "UT99", in which case they get a infliction issue from the first example. All i had to do was temporarily rename my ut99 folder while i tested this, but others might not be so computer savey, so just thought id post that.

Comment

Working...
                      X