Access Violation on Play or Simulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Violation on Play or Simulate

I downloaded the most recent UT4 build from Github, but trying to either Play or Simulate results in a crash, with the crash log telling me it was due to an access violation:

Code:
    !Id:d1b0eda59fbeb9b977115c4e8a0fa1c2

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error!

UE4Editor_UnrealTournament + 836638 bytes
    UE4Editor_UnrealTournament + 839707 bytes
    UE4Editor_Engine + 9453915 bytes
    UE4Editor_Engine + 3663846 bytes
    UE4Editor_Engine + 3676341 bytes
    UE4Editor_Engine + 3676167 bytes
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 3980929 bytes
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 4262521 bytes
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 4351225 bytes
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 1812504 bytes
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 5925286 bytes
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3294 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2098]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 476 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:201]
    UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
    Have I accidentally missed something?
    @DarkLight08

You're not alone, i'm getting this too. The one thing I have noticed is that it's ONLY on UT PROJECT I get this crash and it also only happens when I place a weapons base down. When I clear all bases, it will allow me to fly around (spectate) Place weapon base and accept eula, crash

[EDIT] After updating with the latest commits, all is working fine, from what I can tell.
    Last edited by QuillioN; 08-26-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, the updates fixed the problem! Excellent!
      @DarkLight08

Comment

Always keep in mind that the UT project doesn't have any "checkpoint" tags that will definitely work. Any commit can break the thing in a more or less obvious way. It's still very early in development, so always expect something like this to happen.
        <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
        <TNSe> nono
        <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
        <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
        <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
        <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Working...
        X