Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.uproject out of date, recomplie won't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.uproject out of date, recomplie won't work?

for about 5 days i try to get udk running again, but i fail.
    i cloned ut like 3 times, downloaded it as a zip, but nothing works out.
    everytime i open ut.uproject in the editor it says that the file would be out of date and this would happen after updating the engine.
    i should recompile the module and try again.
    doing this ends in an error "game couldnt be compiled".
    now i have 4.4, 4.3.1 and 4.3 installed, none of those work. it did work earlier on, but since an update it is not working anymore.

also converting the project isnt working. opening it without conversion ends in the upper error.

I had the same thing. Try right clicking on the UT.exe in your Ut folder and "switch unreal engine version" .
    I have 4.4 engine, but now I have to "git reset --hard" everytime I git pull from the upstream master. I am git sick of github.
    Last edited by SuperBee; 08-27-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

You may have to build it yourself, which requires Visual Studio (on Windows anyway), depending on whether they added updated binaries.
      You may also risk getting some in-between commit that's missing something when you update on a whim, that's just the nature of things at this stage.

Here's how I've used git to stay up-to-date, and a big disclaimer that I'm a git abuser more than a productive user.

Assuming you have made no git commits you want to keep, follow these steps:

Assuming you are working on a clone of your fork of UT.

git fetch upstream
      git checkout master
      git stash --no-keep-index
      git merge upstream/master
      git stash drop

After that's done, right click the uproject file and choose to generate the header files, and pick the 4.4 engine version.

After that's done, open the UnrealTournament.sln file in Visual Studio and from the Build menu do a Build Solution (F7).

After that's done:
      * To play, right click the uproject file and choose Launch game.
      * To open the editor, double click the uproject file.

Comment

hello!

thank you for your time!

all i can choose from is either
        binary build (ut/main/) or
        4.4 Unreal Engine.

if i choose UE4.4 it says it is missing windows sdk 8.1

i doubt i have to do this. gonna try your gitshell proposal!

Comment

Originally posted by rejecht View Post
          You may have to build it yourself, which requires Visual Studio (on Windows anyway), depending on whether they added updated binaries.
          You may also risk getting some in-between commit that's missing something when you update on a whim, that's just the nature of things at this stage.

Here's how I've used git to stay up-to-date, and a big disclaimer that I'm a git abuser more than a productive user.

Assuming you have made no git commits you want to keep, follow these steps:

Assuming you are working on a clone of your fork of UT.

git fetch upstream
          git checkout master
          git stash --no-keep-index
          git merge upstream/master
          git stash drop

After that's done, right click the uproject file and choose to generate the header files, and pick the 4.4 engine version.

After that's done, open the UnrealTournament.sln file in Visual Studio and from the Build menu do a Build Solution (F7).

After that's done:
          * To play, right click the uproject file and choose Launch game.
          * To open the editor, double click the uproject file.

thank you! trying that

Comment

Originally posted by duffte View Post
            thank you! trying that
            Was you able to get UT project to load with 4.4.3? I don't have the option for a 4.4.0 engine slot.

Comment

Working...
            X