Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped performance with newest version - 2276868Win64

Hi,
    Can you share your feelings about newest version and the drastic frame drop ?
    I could easily run 75fps with Vsync @ 1440x900 on my Radeon HD7970 GHz edition. But know the game with some actions going on, is falls to about 50fps.

One of the changes that have been made since the previous build was an introduction of a framerate stepping technique which smooths out drops in framerate. For example, if you have an average of 100FPS but suddenly drop to 60FPS, instead of spiking right back up to 100fps it will slowly increase in small increments over time back up to 100. This helps prevent the problem of inconsistent mouse input at the cost of a lower average FPS.

That said, I don't know any other game engines that use this sort of technique specifically for mouse input, and it seems more of a workaround than a fix to the core problem.
    http://twitch.tv/MysTikalUT - Tune in for duels, TDM and random testing

Comment

I still have some wierd lagginess but overall it's feeling somewhat better.
      irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

This fixed issue for me with VSYNC ON:
        Engine.ini:
        [/Script/Engine.Engine]
        bSmoothFrameRate=false

Comment

Working...
        X