Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mouse cursor after loading the game

Hi

After launching the game, I get the window (tried full screen) with the black background and the menus as the top, but I have no mouse cursor at all. It's not invisible, I tried to click on the menu buttons by estimating where my cursor is and nothing happens.

I have a Razer Death Adder 3.5G

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/ Media Centre, fully updated
    Core i5 2500K
    Geforce GTX580, v340.52 driver
    16GB DDR3
    Dx11
    Virtual Studio installed as per download link provided with admin priv. (how do I check where it's installed?)
    Game build version: 2276868

Any suggestions?

I have to press ESC when it first loads to get a mouse cursor. Worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SirDanielFortesque View Post
      I have to press ESC when it first loads to get a mouse cursor. Worth a shot.
      Lol it works! Thanks

Comment

on a related note, sometimes when I enter the menu mid-game I can't get back to the game.
        If Xan isn't in UT4, I'm not playing it.

Comment

I do have this issue currently logged in our bug database.

SirDanielFortesque is correct and the easiest work around is to just hit the Esc key once. That should return the mouse cursor to the game window and allow you to use the menus again.

@avalanche. Do you have any additional details on the issue you mentioned about mid-game losing the ability to return to the game?

Comment

One thing about the mouse cursor is bugging me a lot. It always snaps to the inside of the windows if the game is in midgame, focussed and windowed. This won't allow you to close the game with the Windows "X" button. Once i got the cursor hovered over the close button, I pressed the button but at the same time the window got focussed and snapped the cursor to the inside region (which probably never trigger the RELEASE event for the close button).

The only workaround is to press the Windows Key. I would like to have a dynamic grab-cursor feature like it is used for Virtual machines if the menu us opened.
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

The mouse not being active when the menu first comes up is a slate bug and it's being worked on.

Comment

Good news.

The bug I was talking about can be reproduced like this:
                Start the client, change to windowed mode, start any game (preferable a local one) while being ingame (not in the menu), press Windows key and try to close the client with the "X" button.

Window should not grab the cursor into its inner region when the window gets focus.
                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

The no cursor at launch thing happens in both the Linux and windows builds (dunno about mac), and pressing esc fixes both...
                  Last edited by Gazzabwoy; 09-15-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Pressing ESC does not work for me. Any other suggestions? im using 2 Monitors tho

Comment

Originally posted by Lign View Post
                      Pressing ESC does not work for me. Any other suggestions? im using 2 Monitors tho
                      Hasn't failed me yet, make sure to click the window first so it receives input.

Comment

opening console works as well

Comment

None of of the recommendations worked for me either :/
                          Think it be noteworthy to mention I'm running Cursor FX and Window blinds. I did try to run it with the app killed but to no avail.

Comment

I searched on Jira and the forums and I found this thread, so fortunately I don't have to open another thread!

Ok so the first time I tried the new build (UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2480567-Win32) I also had dissapearing cursor. Being probably the only person on the planet that uses mouse trails (option is called "Display pointer trails" in the Mouse section of Windows Control Panel), I tried to disable it and.. indeed, the cursor appeared again when I re-launched UT4.

Comment

Ok! I got this one figured out! At least for me :P Just go to your windows control panel and click on "mouse" and then click on "pointers" tab at the top of the window and UNCHECK "Enable Pointer Shadow" and then your all good! This problem was haunting me as nothing worked! Hitting escape or anything else just didn't work, but this fixes it permanently for me, I hope this helps all of you

Comment

Working...
                              X